UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 11:23

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 1562 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 105  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2004, 20:51 

2Pac (Tupac Shakur - 1971 - 1996)

Eazy E (Sept 7th 1964 - March 26th 1995)
Eazy-E of N.W.A announced he had AIDS in early March 1995 after he had found out in February.
Three weeks later Eazy died on March 26th, 1995 at the age of 31.

Seagram (1970 - July 31st 1996)
Seagram was killed on July 31st 1996, he was shot by a unknown gunman. The gunman fired several rounds at Seagram and a friend. Seagram was hit will trying to shield his friend from the gunman. Seagram was the first westcoast rapper to sign to Rap-A-Lot records.

Mr Cee (RBL Posse) ( - 1996)
Mr Cee (Hubert "Kyle" Church III) was in the group RBL Poose with Black C and Hitman. He was murdered in a street killing he was shot nine times on January 1st 1996. RBL Posse had just signed to major label Atlantic. Black C had to release Eye For An Eye as a duo with Hitman.

Rappin Ron (- 1997)
Was in the group Bad N Fluenz with Ant Diddley Dog. They released a album in 1995 called Bad N Fluenz. He fell asleep at the wheel of a car and crashed.

The Mac (1971 - 1991)
From Vallejo, The Mac (Michael Robinson) was killed in a case of mistaken indentity, he released 2 EP's on tape on Strictly Business records, called Enough Of Tis Shit and The Game is Thick.

DJ Cee ( - 1995)
DJ Cee (Cecil Allison) was a DJ for Ray Luv, Mac Mall and Mac Dre he was shot as innocent bystander in December 95.

MC Ant

Plan B
Oakland rapper

DJ Co V Co
of The Funxsouljaz

Crazy Rak
DJ released album with Rondo

4-1-So-Sicc-Ass-Rell
of Cold World Hustlers

Dion Stewart (Black Dynasty) ( -1996)
Dion Stewart AKA The True Lesson Giver of Oakland group Black Dynasty was shot and killed on the morning of March 24th 1996 as he attempted to hold up an East Oakland truck rental business. After his death his girlfriend discovered a poem he'd written 2 days previously entitled "Bye Bye Baby," Dion was part of the group Black Dynasty with Kareem Abdulah.

Kadafi (Yafeu Fula) (October 9th 1977 - November 10th 1996)
Member of Tupac Shakurs group Tha Outlawz. Appeared on most of the tracks on Still I Rise. He was murdered about a month after Tupac in a apartment building in 1996.

Mauseburg ( - 2000)
From DaveyD.com by Byze One
I wanted to express to you and your readers a little something about Mausberg so that he isn't remembered as just another LA rapper fallen and then forgotten the next day. First of all, this young star was only 21 yrs old and about to take the rap game by storm before the Devil got in the way. Although most of you have never heard of Mausberg and some of you have from some of the cameo's he did. Here is a little information on some of the records Mausy had done so far.

Konnektid Project "Shut Up" (which will blow you away), "The Re-Birth" f/KAM Sherpard Lane/Universal
DJ Quik "Rythm-a-lizm" - "Down Down Down" Profile/Arista
Life Soundtrack with R Kelly and Quik , title unknown Jive
DJ Quik "Balance & Options" , "Change the Game", "Speak On It", "Well" Profile/Arista
2nd II None "220" "Make 'em Understand" Profile/Arista

If you have any of the records please check them out and then you'll hear the talent that he had for being a great emcee. And if you aren't convinced, wait until his album drops. Check for the single titled "Ring King" and listen to it blow you away!!!!!!

When I met Mausberg for the first time I was instantly convinced that he was going to be the Biggie of the West Coast. He was going to be the one that everyone from LA to NY was going to be feeling! He stood about 6 3' and about 275 pounds, dark, bald and always in a red shirt, black jeans and brown cowboy boots. He was always very polite, gentle and humble. He always had a smile on his face and he always had pleasant things to say to everyone. He was the one that would stand on the block and everyone around him would just
sit there and look up to him. He was the neighborhood King and everyone in Compton knew that Mausberg was going to be the Biggie of the West Coast, because it was supposed to be that way!

He was the kind of kid that would go everywhere with Quik and I and he would just sit back in the cut and would study everyone and everything and after we would leave the place we were at he would pull my aside and ask mad questions about the music industry and the game. He was one of those guys that got it,
he was the one that was going know how to run his own career and run shit properly. He was patient and he was very intelligent.

He was always ready to hit the studio and always dropping gems over incredible tracks by Quik. The kind of tracks that you would not even expect from Quik. These tracks were tailor made for Mausy and he killed everyone of them 1 by 1. As a matter of fact, the only night that they weren't in the studio was the night of his senseless murder.

Monday July 3rd around 10:45PM was the last time I myself saw Mausberg alive in physical form. He had paged me to invite me to the studio were he and Quik were finishing a few tracks for his upcoming album. I came through about 45 minutes later and after a pound pound and our usual blunt session we sat down to talkxabout what we were gonna do to them when this album ropped.

He was so excited about the songs Quik was mixing and you could see it on his face. Tonight Mausberg was happy and he couldn't wait to take the rap world over!!!!! After about an hour I had to step so I gave him a pound/hug and said "Aight Mausy, I'ma see you tomorrow" and he said, "Fa Sho My Nigga, Be safe"

On the day of July 4, 2000 Mausberg was home all day and on that evening he was home studying his DMV handbook because he was tired of being taxi-ed around and was about to get himself a car very soon. He was home until about 12:45AM before he walked out the front door of his apartment for the last time. What happened next is very very sad and was very unnecessary as Mausberg was shot twice and he taken from us all and the world was left without hearing the illest emcee take over alive!!!

The next morning most of the industry was paged by LA's Big Boy/KPWR around 7am with a message that read "MAUSBERG OF DJ QUIK'S CAMP WAS KILLED THIS MORNING IN COMPTON".

When I saw my pager I was still groggy and sleepy. I looked at what it said again and dropped my pager. I really could not believe that this was true, that this page was right. Unfortunately, the news was true and Johnny Burns was not going to get his turn to take the world over with his powerful lyrics, charisma and style...

We are all so very crushed by what happened to our little brother and we are all hurt, but we are all still behind Johnny Burns and you will hear his album and you will memorize his lyrics because you want to...because he is Mausberg the Superior/You never heard of a more wickeder nigga coming outta the urban area/...

Last night we all gathered at Quik's house and celebrated Mausy's life with the crew and his mother and sister. The party was so live you almost forgot that we were there to remember him. He was definetly there in spirit, in love and was still smiling down on all of us.

The best part of the evening was seeing his mother rapping all of his lyrics to "Shut Up" into the video camera. As she held up the picture of her son to the camera and resited the last verse of his song and then said, "This is my baby boy right here"...

Mausberg, we miss you big homey but we aint gonna let them not hear you, your powerful voice and your more powerful music...We got your back Mausy, in a real way!!!!

Eclipse( - 2000)
A 23-year-old aspiring musician was shot to death early 14th Nov 2000, police said. Erik L. Carson of Oakland was shot about 1:30 a.m. at the intersection of 98th Avenue and Springfield Street, moments after being dropped off to visit some friends in the area, police said. Police said they were trying to determine where he was coming from. Carson was pronounced dead at Highland Hospital at 9:22 a.m. where his mother and friends had kept a night-long vigil. His mother did not want to talk to reporters on Tuesday. Police said they have no motive for the killing and no suspects in custody. Police said Carson was an aspiring rapper who performed under the name Eclipse and was about to cut his first tape at a West Oakland studio. The killing was Oakland's 73rd homicide of the year.

Cougnut (1968 - 2001)
Cougnut was killed in a car accident on September 4th 2001. They were in a 2002 Chevy Impala. The driver allowed his vehicle to drift toward the right shoulder of the roadway. The driver then over-corrected back to the left, and lost control of the car, causing it to flip several times before coming to rest in a field. "Paramedics pronounced the driver and his two passengers dead at the scene. The driver was identified as a 37-year-old San Jose man and his passengers as a 33-year-old San Jose man and a 24-year-old San Francisco man. Only one of the three was wearing a seat belt, the CHP said. The CHP report states that alcohol was "probably a factor" in the crash, as evidenced by the numerous open containers around the vehicle." Cougnut was in the group I.M.P which released two albums, Back In The Days in 1993 and Ill Mannered Playas in 1996. Cougnut was due to release his debut albumand a greatest hits album.

D Mac( - 2001)
D Mac was killed in the car accident with cougnut

Hitman (RBL Posse) ( - 2003)
Hitman was young, but a pioneer in the community, being a young artist coming up in Hip Hop,” said Kevin Epps, producer of the film “Straight Outta Hunters Point.” “It’s such a tragedy for a young brother with so much talent to lose his life.”

Rapper Hitman of RBL Posse was shot in the head and killed while driving last Sunday night. Ricky Herd (Hitman) was the third member of the original rap duo, which included Black C and Mr. Cee before Mr. Cee was shot nine times and killed on Jan. 1, 1996. Through independent distribution with In-A-Minute-Records, RBL sold almost half a million. In 1995 Hitman released “Solo Creep.” Black C and Hitman released “An Eye For An Eye” in 1997, which sold 88,000 copies. Hitman released a solo album in 1999 called “H20 vol.1.” “Bootlegs and Bayshit: The Resume” was their double album released in 2000, and the last to come out was “Hostile Takeover” in 2001.

Hitman was important in the community as a rap figure. He was one of the youngest rappers out when he came onto the rap scene. For those of us living in an environment that is working against the benefit of the people, Hitman was a bright glimmer of hope. He was only 24 years old when he died.

“He was a reputable M.C. from the RBL clique with a lot of fans and a unique stop-and-go style of rap,” JT the Bigga Figga said. “He impressed me with all the creativity. Whenever he came on, I would always zoom in and listen.”

Epps said he knew him as a young cat running around in the neighborhood who really came into his own through the music he produced. “He had his own unique style and was a solid brother in terms of communicating with others.”

The deaths of our brothers are rampant in the Bay Area. Last year there were 113 deaths in Oakland alone. We’ve had a ridiculous number of rappers who have died over the past seven years. From Oakland there was Segram, Rappin’ Ron, Eclipse and Tupac, and from Frisco we lost Cougnut, Mr Cee and now Hitman. It’s such a tragedy, and it doesn’t stop in the Bay. We’ve lost rappers all over the country. Jam Master Jay, Big L, Freaky Tah and Notorious B.I.G. are only a few, and we can’t even count the many deaths of those names we’ve never heard.

Epps said it goes back to how real the music of Hunters Point is as far as issues it speaks about. “To see it happen is really a reflection of what brothers are dealing with and consequences that go with this music,” he said. “He is a regretted loss in that community because they need role models there that they can be inspired by.”

JT strongly felt the loss of Hitman and related it to a larger problem in the community. “As far as his music, it suffered because of the violence. He wasn’t able to really spread his wings because the violence was so hard to escape. It’s just another Black man gone.

“Every life counts.”

Acknowledging that the struggle is a tough, ongoing process, we must always remain hopeful and determined to get the liberation we are destined to have.

Brother Moe, educational coordinator of New Directions Mentor Program in Hunters Point, said, “It’s bigger than Brother Rick’s death. It’s a system that is set up in the Black community for us to destroy each other. We must stop this and work to uplift our community.”

Although Hitman was still a product of his environment and has used his talents in a hurtful way, Brother Jamo from the Nation said that Hitman had wanted to use his music to pull people together. He just needed the right help and the right people.

“Rick and some others I know, they got great influence and pull,” Brother Jamo said. “Rick was saying that there are problems, of course, but it’s reparable. So if you feel that way and so do others, that’s worth us jumping in with two feet to make it right. The beauty is not just in him. If channeled properly, it’s in the average brother and sister on the street.”

JT sends a shout out to family and friends telling them to keep their heads up

by Ebony of SF Bayview Newspaper

Speedy Loc ( - 2003)
Rapper Speedy Loc died on June 13th 2003. He released the album Cali Thuggin in 2001. This was posted on www.speedyloc.com
We are sad to announce that rapper Speedy Loc has passed away due to a serious medical condition he has been battling for tha past year. We at Starz the Limit give our deepest sympathy and condolences to the family. Our hearts poor out as well as our tears to his mother, wife and children. who are left in debt to deal with the cost of his funeral and medical bills. So we at Starz the Limit are setting up a fund raiser to help take care of some of these cost. If u are willing to help out please send your donation cash, check, or money order made out 2 Robert Munoz to this address as follows.

P.O. Box 2406
Union City, CA 94587

B Brazy ( - 2003)
B Brazy was part of Damu Ridaz, he died in 2003.

Double D ( - 2003)
San Francisco rapper Double D (Darrel Anderson) was killed on 16th August 2003. He released the albums Think About It and a album with Telly Mac.

Lil Bo ( -2003)
Rapper Lil Bo was killed in 2003, he was featured on C-Bo's album Till My Casket Drops

Freako ( -2004)
Freako of the Ghetto Stars died February 2004. He was shot at the Dennys parking lot on Sunset. He released the album Ghetto Star in 2001 featuring Mac Dre, Mob Figaz, Dubee and others.

Holy Quran (-2004)
from the group Off Da Hook. Was shot and killed.

Young Grinn (1970 - 28Jan. 2005)
TJ "Young Grinn" Grinner was shot and killed last night (Friday, January 28th) in Rohnert Park, Ca by the Rohnert Park Police Dept. He made such hits as "Defenition of a Hustla" and "The World in My Eyes" and was apart of the Link Crew alongside members Ray Luv, and Ant D.O.G.

Billboard (-2004)
from Blackwallstreet

T-Gunn (14 Feb. 2005)
San Francisco rapper T-Gunn. He released the tape only album Money Over Bitchez in 1994. He died around 2 weeks ago in prison due to heart failure.

O.C Dre (10Feb. 2005)
San Francisco rapper OC Dre, he released the album Chapter 1 : The Beginning, he was killed on thursday.

Zuletzt geändert von AK-DOG am 15.02.2005, 17:39, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.11.2004, 15:03 

mc ant ist tot? wusste ich auch noch nicht!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.11.2004, 15:06 

D. Hu$tlehoff hat geschrieben:

schon lang soweit ich weiss.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.11.2004, 15:45 

Maxim aus Berlin wurde noch nicht genannt.
Ist aber auch schon ca. 1 Jahr her.

Tim Brauch...kein Rapper, aber wahr mein Lieblingsskater :sad:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.11.2004, 17:13 

ak-dog hat geschrieben:
D. Hu$tlehoff hat geschrieben:

schon lang soweit ich weiss.

und ich hab mich schon gewundert warum nach "the comeback" und dem feature auf let it be known fast garnichts mehr kam :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2004, 02:48 

CosmoKramer hat geschrieben:
yeah fett gebannt... :rolleyes:

für bannen müssen echte gründe vorliegen...aber nicht wegen meinungsfreiheit!

Cosmo, die 2 Typen in deinem Avatar..... sind ja aus South Park richtig? Keine Ahnung wie die jetzt genau heissen... auf jeden Fall hab ich die Episode wo die sich den Crips anschliessen.... lol. Das Pic ist aus dieser Episode.... wenn ich Zeit hab kann ichs mal uppen. ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2004, 03:01 

Chino XL wurde erschossen von einem fanatischen 2pacfan, die Meldung hier -> http://www.hiphopnews.de/index.php?seit ... com=detail

RIP!

Bild
Mahdi...love is love, the most high

- Eloheemcowards get it screamin and scrawlin-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2004, 11:48 

Fake

http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQ ... propertyZ1

Mein Hip Hop CD Shop:

http://www.projectblowed.de

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2004, 12:37 

Slim187 hat geschrieben:

uppen.

Ja bitte :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2004, 13:03 

erinnerst mich grad nochmal per pm.....

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2004, 19:37 
Globaler Moderator

R.I.P. King Lou

We have sadly learned that Los Angeles rapper King Lou was gunned down last week and passed away. King Lou was known on the streets of L.A. although he never hit the "popular" status in the rap game, but he has worked with the likes of producer Battlecat and other West Coast hip hop figures.

We would like to offer our condolences to his friends and family. The funeral for King Lou was earlier today.

Bild

Zuletzt geändert von Face97 am 20.11.2004, 19:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2004, 19:40 

shit :-/

Ich mochte zwa' seine Musik nich' und ich hab sein Album das ich bei cdbaby gekauft hat so 3mal angehört und das verschwand dann in 'nen Stapel aber trotzdem :sad:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 02:28 

RIP ODB!

www.hiphopnews.de

es ist noch nicht 100% sicher, aber die Quellen sind ziemlich sicher (allhiphop.com)

Bild
Mahdi...love is love, the most high

- Eloheemcowards get it screamin and scrawlin-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 12:55 
Globaler Moderator

We've just had it confirmed: Ol' Dirty Bastard is dead. ODB complained about chest pains and later collapsed. He was dead before the ambulance arrived. Ol' Dirty bastard, real name Russell Jones, was turning 36 in two days and is, according to sources, leaving 13 children behind. The cause of death is unknown as of yet but we'll keep you posted. R.I.P Ol' Dirty Bastard.

R.I.P

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 16:44 

Slim187 hat geschrieben:
CosmoKramer hat geschrieben:
yeah fett gebannt... :rolleyes:

für bannen müssen echte gründe vorliegen...aber nicht wegen meinungsfreiheit!

Cosmo, die 2 Typen in deinem Avatar..... sind ja aus South Park richtig? Keine Ahnung wie die jetzt genau heissen... auf jeden Fall hab ich die Episode wo die sich den Crips anschliessen.... lol. Das Pic ist aus dieser Episode.... wenn ich Zeit hab kann ichs mal uppen. ;)

yupp...willst du die ganze folge uppen?

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 1562 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 105  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde