UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 20.04.2024, 05:01

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 61 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2005, 17:01 

das album is echt der letzte dreck, ich hasse es :(

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2005, 17:04 

sehr belanglos... "we're some dogs" feat. redman & snoop fand ich aber geil!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2005, 21:04 

Ich hoffe Redman kackt nicht auch so ab...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2005, 21:08 

Paar gute Tracks sind auf dem Album schon drauf. Aber insgesamt ist es doch eher eine Enttäuschung.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005, 15:12 

act right kommt auf party/club derbe geil

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005, 17:26 

Man kann Meth nicht alles in die Schuhe schieben, weil das Album ziemlich viel vom Label beeinflusst wurde. Laut Aussagen hat Meth 20 Versionen vom Album Def Jam vorzeigen müssen, bis sie sagten "Okay, so veröffentlichen wir es."

Mache dir Gedanken - und du wirst Erkenntnis erlangen.

-Kaibara Ekiken-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2005, 18:49 

Meth is wie alle anderen Wu Members leider auf nem ganz anderen Level als sie seien könnten.. leider :sad:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2006, 20:01 
Globaler Moderator

Method Man Is Back With A New Album

Wu-Tang Clan principal Method Man returns this summer with his fifth studio album, "4:21." The Def Jam set will arrive July 18 and is led by the acoustic guitar and string-tinged single "Say," which samples Lauryn Hill's cover of Bob Marley's "So Much Things To Say" from "MTV Unplugged..."

The album is rounded out by guest turns from Fat Joe and Styles P as well as production from Wu-Tang Clan colleague RZA, Scott Storch and Dr. Dre.

"4:21," a reference to a favorite time of day for marijuana smokers, is the follow-up to Method Man's 2004 album "Tical 0: The Prequel." That set became the rapper's fourth consecutive No. 1 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and has sold 525,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Having regrouped earlier this year with his Wu-Tang mates for their first tour in years, Method Man and company will pay tribute to late member Ol' Dirty Bastard during performances Aug. 5-6 at California's Rock the Bells festival.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2006, 10:08 
Globaler Moderator

Interessiert mich kaum was Method Man noch macht, abgesehen davon dass das Album eh frühestens am Ende des Jahres kommt wenn man an seine üblidchen Verzögerungen bei der Veröffentlichung von Alben denkt. Solange er noch weiter bei Def Jam ist, wird da eh nur Mainstream-Müll bei rausspringen, das was an Infos in der Meldung enthalten ist, spricht ja dafür...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2006, 10:52 

ich glaub an meinen lieblings wu soldier :hurra:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2006, 10:55 
Globaler Moderator

Na ja, aber sein letztes Album war doch ein Schlag in's Gesicht für seine Fans, fand das ziemlich schrottig...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2006, 16:28 

Ziemlich versautes Album. Gefällt mir gar nicht. Sowohl beat- als auch raptechnisch.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2006, 18:02 

Knowbody hat geschrieben:
...sein letztes Album war doch ein Schlag in's Gesicht für seine Fans, fand das ziemlich schrottig...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2006, 16:02 
Globaler Moderator

Method Man's '4:21...The Day After' Gets A New Release Date

:21...The Day After hits stores August 29. The album features special guest appearances from Fat Joe, Styles P, Ginuwine and Redman with production by RZA, Erick Sermon, Scott Storch and Denaun Porter...

In the dark, womb-like sanctuary of Jimi Hendrix’s Electric Lady studios in downtown Manhattan—a place that has birthed historical musical moments—sits the artist known as Iron Lung, Tical, Wu Brother #1, Johnny Blaze, and of course…Method Man. With a trusty, half-lit blunt by his side, he is lounging in front of white grand piano, his hands sweeping the keyboards, trying to remember a tune he memorized years ago.

Maybe the idea of one of hip hop’s finest—and grimiest—emcees tickling the ivories sounds odd, or out of place, but Mr. Mef has never been the type to fit in. His husky, guttural voice is perhaps the most distinct in the game, his flow—dark and complex like the graphic novels from which he took his moniker from—can bury itself in cinematic tracks from RZA, complement the voices of R&B divas and or attack party tracks from Rocwilder. Whether he is trading verses with partner in rhyme, Redman, crowd surfing at a Wu Tang show, or stealing a scene in various television shows and films, Method Man is a true individual spirit. With his latest album, 4:21, The Day After, he is also focused on being a true artist.

Unlike some previous efforts—where Meth admits his priorities were different—on this new album, he says he’s focusing on lyrics. After his last album, Tical O: The Prequel, he went through an especially rough time in his life—both personally and professionally—which provided him with a bulk of material. “I had a lot on my mind at the time and the second thing was, I decided to really talk about something and I had a lot to draw from and when the pen hit the paper it was like damn, remember this? And by the time I was done it was like shit, let’s go.” The result is his most personal and introspective work yet.

Doing the work behind the boards on 4:21, are Wu Tang mastermind and long-time collaborator, RZA as well as Scott Storch, Havoc, K1 and Eric Sermon. “With Eric, we did three songs in three days,” Meth says with an amazed smile, “He just comes in with ideas of top. And with RZA, shit, I’ve watched him build tracks from scratch, so all I really have to do is put the pen to the paper”. Eric Sermon provided the beat for Meth’s first single, “Say”, featuring Lauryn Hill. The track finds Meth addressing critics, fickle fans and haters for disrespecting him and his Wu Tang brethren.
“I’ve been venting about all this for years and [my manager] was like, ‘Write about it, Eric has the perfect joint.’ And, Lauryn Hill herself, she just had the raw emotion, the small things she said on the song was enough for me to push my pen and let myself be vulnerable.” Meth says his ability to let himself be so open is in line with the entire concept of the album, and its title. “The national weed smoking day is 4/20, so I named my album 4/21 the day after. Because after that day, you have this moment of clarity when you’re not high and you see things clearly.” The Grammy-winner sighs and continues, a serious, determined look on his face. “You feel like you’re not in on the joke, and everyone’s laughing at you. I felt like no one was taking me seriously. I got real angry and I just starting writing.”

Anger proved to be a great motivator, as the Ticalion Stallion wrapped up the album in a few short months. He says the creative process has been cathartic, and though his skin hasn’t gotten any thicker, he’s able to use his writing talent to inspire self-confidence.
“It’s real talk, I’m going to keep my spirits up and not let it get things to me. You know, if you start reading your own press and feeding into it, and you start questioning yourself, like, ‘am I wack?’ and you have to be like, ‘No!’ I learned to pat myself on the back, and that it’s ok to pat myself on the back sometimes.”

We definitely agree.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2006, 00:17 

ahjo... hab mir mal das album besorgt [Method Man - Tical 0: The Prequel]
und ich muss sagen, dass doch schon einige coole tracks dabei sind... kann sein das da auch paar lahme tracks bei sind aber im grunde genommen find ichs defintiv nich scheisse...

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 61 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde