UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 09:37

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.01.2005, 11:45 
Globaler Moderator

Pünktlich zum Jahresbeginn hat sich auch Cormega mal wieder mit Neuigkeiten gemeldet:

Zitat:
Next month will be the release of the Testament and I cant wait because it wil bring closure to a chapter in my life that has been in suspended animation but I aint gonna front the album feels good especially since it was being created during a time when Hip Hop meant something so you will be able to judge for yourself. People have asked about the tracklist but seriously is it really that important I would think people should be more concerned with the finished product and the tracklist that is on the net is something I just put out there so its not accurate.I will always put out inacurate tracklist you should know that by now. Also thers been a change Im not going to do multiple covers for the Testament everythings gonna have the same cover but 3 people will still win a chance to chill in the studio with me and hear the Urban Legend album. (which is near completion)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.02.2005, 10:06 
Globaler Moderator

Album Review in der Source:

Zitat:
CORMEGA
THE TESTAMENT
3 ½ mics

In a genre where careers have a lifespan similar to that of an NFL running back (roughly five years), very few rappers ever experience the professional twists that cormega has. His odyssey began at Def Jam, where his freshman opus was shelved indefinitely. Since then, he’s had a nasty, much-publicized beef with previous benefactor Nasir Jones and went on an all –out grind that’s made him one of the most respected indie artest ever. Less seasoned lyricists would probably have folded, but Mega just keeps grinding out the yardage that could one day place him in a rap hall of fame.

The Testament is the album Def Jam locked in the vaults years ago and it’s just now getting the dust cleared of its case, being remixed, and finally ready for the masses. For that reason, several tracks here, although dated, provide priceless snapshot of the mid-‘90s street-hop scene. Songs such as the female-serenading “coco Butter” on which he describes the fairer sex as being “fly like the new GSs” provide class hip-Hop nostalgia that no amount of money can match.

True Queensbridge fans know to expect two things from a Cormega album: Vivid street epics and introspective, unguarded self-analysis. Cuts that verify this are “62 Pick Up” and the track “Testment, “which play like audio diaries and provide visual windows to Meg’s pas. On the shoot em up, bang bang tip, tracks like “Dead Man Walking” and “Killaz Theme” come locked and loaded with raw verses and dark production. For the latter, Q. B Affiliate, Havoc laces an eerie, stripped down string arrangement over which Cormega, Hav and P deliver a lecture on criminology a la the television show CSI. Although the content is vintage Mega, the flow on Testament is not as evolved as what he’s displayed on more recent outings—A flaw that’s a direct consequence of the album being recorded almost a decade ago.

Ultimately, what sets Cormega apart is his ability to bleed emotion and sincerity through his lyrics. It’s the fact that Mega can be downright real to self that separates him from the rest and helps him stay ahead of the independent pack.

Ein großes Geheimnisse wird immer noch um die Trackliste gemacht, selbst im Cormega Forum gibt es dazzu keine neueren Erkenntnisse...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2005, 18:26 

the source :uglywonder:

Bild
Mahdi...love is love, the most high

- Eloheemcowards get it screamin and scrawlin-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2005, 19:07 
Globaler Moderator

DeadManWalkin hat geschrieben:

:yeah:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 14:38 
Globaler Moderator

http://www.allhiphop.com/features/

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 14:55 

Knowbody hat geschrieben:
DeadManWalkin hat geschrieben:

:yeah:

finde das Album genauso gut wie 'Realness', also locker 7.5/10... :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2007, 09:06 
Globaler Moderator

Cormega Drops DVD

On November 20, 2007, Legal Hustle Records will release its first documentary DVD, CORMEGA PRESENTS WHO AM I? giving fans an inside look into his life and the Legal Hustle grind. Executive produced by Cormega and filmed by Jordan Tower, four years of Cormega's life have been edited into an almost four hours long documentary which he began filming in 2001. "This DVD follows me through the duration of 2001-2005 starting with The Realness," explains Cormega. "The idea behind the documentary was to show my life as an independent artist and as a person." The DVD package includes 5 previous unreleased music videos and will be accompanied by a soundtrack. Read more for full story...

The first scene of the documentary was filmed in Virginia in 2001 by Choke No Joke with majority of the additional footage documented by Jordan Tower in various places including New York, Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and California. Along with friends and members of Cormega's inner circle, Ron Artest, Ghostface, Kurupt, Jayo Felony, Kay Slay, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Large Professor, Nature,Tragedy, Jacka, Husalah, Godfather 3 of Infamous Mobb, Screwball and others make appearances on the Who Am I?
Along with tour/performance footage, as a bonus to the documentary, Legal Hustle Records has included five never before distributed videos: including "R U My N***a" and "Get Out My Way," directed by Fred Garcia, "I'm Built For This" directed by Choke "No Joke," "Live Ya Life" and "The True Meaning" directed by Cormega & Jordan Tower.

Also included is a bonus soundtrack which features Cormega and various artists including Dwele, Ransom, The Jacka featuring Keek Da Sneak and Yukmouth, Husalah, FedX, Little Brotha, Tradegy, and others.

Click here for Cormega footage on

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=w66j8fcab.0.0.n ... id=preview
Official Site:

www.legalhustle.net

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2007, 14:23 
Globaler Moderator

Was sollen denn die Features auf der CD? Hatte mich ehrlich gesagt schon drauf gefreut, aber da kühlt meine Freude ja merklich ab...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2007, 15:09 

Was sollen denn die Features auf der CD? Hatte mich ehrlich gesagt schon drauf gefreut, aber da kühlt meine Freude ja merklich ab...

Hoffentlich war der News-Schreiber betrunken als er das gemacht hat, und es stimmt gar nicht...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2007, 12:12 

So, das ist die finale Tracklist

01. Sleep Well (Ft. Dwele) (Prod. By Heatmakerz)
02. 718 (Ft. Fame) (Prod. By Fizzy Womack)
03. Use Mad Clips (Ft. Styles P) (Prod. By Emile)
04. Lookin' At It (Ft. Jacka, Keak Da Sneak, Yukmouth) (Prod. By Roblo)
05. Ryder Muzik (Ft. Tragedy Kadafi) (Prod. By GQ Beats)
06. Throwback Homie (Ft. Hejaz)
07. Who Am I Exclusive (Ft. AZ, Nature)
08. What Mobsters Do (Ft. Husalah, Unda P, Fed X) (Prod. By Roblo)
09. Stuntin Remix (Ft. Hell Rell) (Prod. By Agallah)
10. Shade 45 Skit
11. Time (Ft. Ransom, Nicole Wray) (Prod. By Bolla)
12. The Rap Game (Ft. Little Brother) (Prod. By Khrysis)
13. Triboro (Ft. Dead Eye, Ron Smack, Bags) (Prod. By C Mill)
14. Live From The Caves
(Ft. Donnie Castro, Sick Jacken, Cynic Of The Psycho Realm, Sick Symphonies)
15. King Me (Ft. Agallah) (Prod. By Agallah)

Covers:
Front
Back

--
Sieht für mich nicht so berauschend aus

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2007, 12:48 

also dieses cormega album ist sehr gewöhnungsbedürftig!
zum einen zu viele features und dann auch noch tracks dabei, wo man von cormega nicht einen ton hört! irgendwie mehr so eine art compilation, wo cormega ab und zu mal einen vers beisteuert, hab ich das gefühl...

im booklet steht ja ' "who am I" the soundtrack' vielleicht ist die cd auch deswegen so aufgebaut

werde es mir wegen der sammlung und weil ich die dvd sehen will, trotzdem holen....

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2007, 18:05 
Globaler Moderator

Werde es mir holen, aber die Feature-Liste ist ja mal wirklich abschreckend, warum holt er sich denn die ganzen Vögel auf ein Album? Das lässt ja nichts gutes erwarten für sein nächstes richtiges Solo-Album...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.11.2007, 19:57 

Also, das Ding ist wirklich als Soundtrack aufzufassen, auf mehr als der Hälfte der Tracks ist Cormega nicht mal zu hören, und so Dinger wie "Ryder muzik" sind ja vom Tragedy Album und schon älter... ich denk das sollte man einfach nicht mit Mega's anderen Erzeugnissen vergleichen, und lieber weiter auf sein nächstes Album warten... :tired:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.11.2007, 15:06 
Globaler Moderator

Bei mixtapemerchants haben die das folgende Cover im Programm:

Bild

:confused:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.11.2007, 15:10 

Bei mixtapemerchants haben die das folgende Cover im Programm:

Bild

:confused:

hab ich auch gesehen. ich habs jetzt bei amazon in nem zshop bestellt...
ich lass mich überraschen welches cover ich erwische :D

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde