UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 10:04

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.11.2004, 23:59 

Das war n Bootleg, nicht mehr nicht weniger

Bild
Mahdi...love is love, the most high

- Eloheemcowards get it screamin and scrawlin-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004, 08:25 

eher nen offizieller release :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004, 15:56 

ich glaub auch das testament das beste cormega album sein wird das zu toppen wird ihm sicherlich nicht mehr gelingen
bin auch froh dass es endlich rauskommt hab sehr lange darauf gewartet!

und dann noch das Original :hurra:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.11.2004, 11:02 

Sycamore hat geschrieben:
eher nen offizieller release :ugly:

wenn ja war das ne Frechheit :ugly:

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.11.2004, 13:03 

chainsnatcha hat geschrieben:
ProjectBlowed hat geschrieben:
Soweit ich weiß, waren doch ein paar Tracks von dem Testament Album auf der Hustler/Rapper CD, oder?
Das Album fand ich weniger gut, die anderen waren alle :thumbs:

Dieses "Hustler/Rapper" war einfach nur überflüssig ... soweit ich mich erinnern kann nur so ne Collection irgendwelcher Snippets und Mülleimer-Songs..

wenn die songs wenigsten richtige quali und volle länge gehabt hätten... Angel Dust zB hätte ich gern gehabt da ich's nur auf 12" hatte aber die quali war unter aller sau, echt ne schrottscheibe die ich gleich los geworden bin

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.12.2004, 10:33 
Globaler Moderator

Es gibt mal wieder ein paar Neuigkeiten von Cormega betreffend The Testament:

Zitat:
SO anyway we two months away from something we waited YEARS for the Testament Im excited about this cause it is something the fans been requesting and also I wanna give it its moment so I can close that chapter
in my career. The Testament will be on vinyl and cassette and the single vinyl will start next month for those who requested. Im also remixing alot of the Testament and I will fill you in as its completed and the site will have songs from the Testament first before anybody. The Testament versions of song are different from some shit Ive leaked like Angel Dust on the Special Edition isnt the one thats gonna be on Testament and we all know Killas Theme has different version though all dope so expect vintage shit! Dont forget that the Testament CDs,cassettes,and vinyl will all be specially marked and 3 winners will get to chill in the studio and critique my next album.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2004, 16:51 
Globaler Moderator

Neuigkeiten zu "The Testament", die Trackauswahl dürfte den meisten dann doch bekannt sein:

CORMEGA TO RELEASE HIS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED (DEBUT) ALBUM,
THE TESTAMENT ON LEGAL HUSTLE RECORDS FEBRUARY 22, 2005.

After a year of re-recording and remixing, CORMEGA, returns from Legal Hustle Records vault with the most highly anticipated hip-hop album release in recent history. Recorded when Cormega was signed to Violator/Def Jam Records, THE TESTAMENT, will be released on Legal Hustle Records February 22nd, 2005, as originally recorded with production from Havoc, Sha Money XL, RNS, Prestige, Nasheem, Dave Atkinson, Cormega and others featuring guest appearances from Mobb Deep and Fatal Hussein (of Tupac’s The Outlaws).

Cormega describes The Testament as his rawest album ever, “I was younger and more aggressive with my lyrics back then. It was my first deal, I just got out of jail and I had a lot of things on my mind. The album reflects where I was at that time in my life. I didn’t change anything, production or lyrics and it still sounds current.”

When Cormega severed ties with Violator and Def Jam, fans craved anything remotely close to the priceless Testament cuts that made their way via mixtapes and samplers in 1997. Bootleggers, fans, and industry insiders went into overdrive everyone claiming to have The Testament, but Cormega kept the album under wraps and it will be released to a waiting public curious to hear what all the “buzz” was about and anxious to finally hear the album that almost never was. The street buzz and rampart bootlegging was enough to gain Cormega national exposure and a following in the underground circles.

Classics like “Angel Dust,” featuring Havoc and “Killaz Theme” featuring Mobb Deep flooded the streets, while the title track, “The Testament” was praised by Source Magazine and the now defunct Blaze Magazine. Vibe Magazine and Ego Trip’s Book Of List named The Testament one of the best unreleased album in hip-hop history.

Several songs including “Killer’s Theme,” which was a hidden track on The Realness, “Dead Man Walking” and “The Testament,” were leaked to the streets or performed at shows. Considering that the album is being released as originally intended, don’t be surprised to hear, “One Love,” a letter Cormega wrote to NAS while still in jail. Although the two have severed ties, the song is authentic to The Testament and was untouched to signify that era.

“It’s funny how I recorded these tracks almost a decade ago and people think they’re all new. When we were in the studio listening back to the tracks, I got to hear how much I’ve grown as an artist and even more as a man,” offers Cormega. With The Testament, Cormega teaches us all the difference between following the trends and recording classic, timeless hip-hop.”

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2004, 17:08 
Site Owner

Knowbody hat geschrieben:
Cormega describes The Testament as his rawest album ever, “I was younger and more aggressive with my lyrics back then. It was my first deal, I just got out of jail and I had a lot of things on my mind. The album reflects where I was at that time in my life. I didn’t change anything, production or lyrics and it still sounds current.”

Das kann ich nur bestätigen, gibt ja dieses Live-Album "Survival Of The Illest - Live From 125 NYC" (Def Jam; 1998) und da hat Cormega mit "Dead Man Walking", "Affirmative Action" und "Slow Down" einen ziemlich heftigen Auftritt

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.12.2004, 19:15 
Globaler Moderator

Veteran Queesbridge MC Cormega is gearing up for a monumental 2005.

Opening the year will be the release of The Testament, an album that sat on Def Jam’s shelves for five plus years.

Following, Cormega will release his third independent album following two critically acclaimed and high-selling releases.

For those who haven’t had the luxury of hearing him, Cormega gives fans an early Christmas present.

“The reason I’m releasing Special Edition is because as an independent, you really don’t know how many records you gonna sell. The Realnessdid [over] a hundred thousand and that’s what we pressed up. You can’t go to the store and buy the album. Then, there’s The True Meaning, and a lot of places don’t have it,” Cormega told AllHipHop.com.

He continued, “This way, the people that aren’t too familiar with me, they’ll have both. As a special gift to fans, you buy The Realness, you get The True Meaning free and vice-versa, for the price of one.”

The album is available where Hip-Hop is sold on Cormega’s own Legal Hustle label.

The second disc features several unreleased mixes featuring Freeway, Tragedy Khadafi and others.

As another treat, the first disc features a lengthy preview at a DVD Cormega is currently readying.

Cormega told AllHipHop.com, “You’ll see show footage, you’ll see me in the studio. But you’ll also see me in the hospital talking to people that can no longer walk anymore. Me, at a baby shower. I do a lot of things. I’m not just a rapper, I’m a person. This is just to show people my life as it is now – the human side of me.”

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.12.2004, 19:20 
Globaler Moderator

Hey Face, man merkt dass das nicht so ganz deine Musik ist, alles nix neues :razz: ;) !

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.12.2004, 19:24 
Globaler Moderator

sorry, habs bei allhiphop.com aufgegabelt..dachte, es wär neu..habs aber auch nicht gelesen

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.12.2004, 19:26 
Globaler Moderator

Kein Problem, der gute Wille zählt :D ;) !

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.12.2004, 09:43 
Globaler Moderator

Hier mal die erste angebliche Trackliste, so steht es bei CD-Universe:

1. Introduction
2. 62 Pick Up
3. One Love
4. Angel Dust
5. Dead Man Walking
6. Montana Diary
7. Testament
8. Every Hood
9. Coco Butter
10. Killaz Theme
11. Love Is Love
12. Done

Sind einige bekannte Tracks dabei, aber das war ja klar nachdem einige Tracks ja als 12" bereits erschienen waren und ein paar Songs auf späteren Cormega-Alben veröffentlicht wurden.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.12.2004, 13:44 

Sieht doch ganz gut aus, ich kenn One Love, Angel Dust, Dead Man walking, montana diary, testament, Killaz Theme & Love is Love und die burnen alle wie Hölle, ich hab aber noch n Track mit Kool G Rap der angeblich auch auf testament sollte, thugs at work, gibs im internet nur mit gully qualli ..aber was firrrrrrraaaaaa ..ich werds mir kaufen, schon alleine wegen dead man walkin :cool:

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.12.2004, 16:50 

Ich erwarte kein Album so sehr wie dieses (und Urban Legend). :thumbs:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 75 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde