UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 19.03.2024, 07:19

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 266 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: D.I.T.C.: The Dynasty Remains
BeitragVerfasst: 20.02.2004, 10:13 
Globaler Moderator

D.I.T.C.: The Dynasty Remains Pt. 1
By Paine

Every sports fan sits around and talks about those super teams. Once in a great while, the right group of players, create the right chemistry, and make history. They play a certain way, carry a certain reputation and attitude, all for the better. If Hip-Hop has a super-team of today, it's Diggin' in the Crates hands down.

The name is synonymous with great producers. The classic formula for making a hissing and popping vinyl artifact come alive in your headphones, the whip, and even the good old boom-box on the porch. Beyond that, Diggin' in the Crates stands for great MC's. The MC's who rhymed like they had something to prove everybody, but didn't owe nobody a god damn thing.

D.I.T.C. as they're known to many, is as legendary as it gets. But anybody whose seen them in action knows that this clique rolls thick. On a momentously rare occasion, AllHipHop caught up with the Diggin' in the Crates crew at their first official gathering in several years. While not all members were present, we were blessed with a treasure chest of jewels from Lord Finesse, O.C., A.G., and Diamond.

A new album is in the works, and an event on February 19, that's will surely be a must see. Plus get some classic look backs on these icons in their individual careers and personal techniques. Those great sports dynasties have mostly all died off and been dismantled. This dynasty is still playing, undefeated. Peep Game.

AllHipHop: It was '97 - '98 when you guys recorded the last LP. This time, you in particular (O.C.), are at a whole new level with your game. It's full cycle back to the debut hunger, I'm wondering what kind of contribution you're offering to this LP.

O.C.: Well I mean, I'm basically back to havin' fun with it. That's the discussions right now about the record. The money and everything, I mean - it's cool. But if we ain't having fun with it, it's not gonna be a great record. It's not gonna pull the best out of me, Ness, A, and Diamond. I'm not even looking forward to anything else but having fun with it.

AllHipHop: Any changes to your style?

A.G.: Not really. Of course, since the last time, I've grown and evolved. But I wouldn't say that I'm thinkin' different. I wanna give it the best I got.

AllHipHop: How does Diggin' in the Crates divvy up the production duties?

Lord Finesse: When we doing production, it's basically everybody just brings loops of beats to the table. And we try to decide from that aspect.

AllHipHop: So on the back of the LP, when it says "produced by Lord Finesse" or whatever, that's really everybody collaborating?

Lord Finesse: Yeah, but the last couple of projects have just been straight beats. So this time around, we're trying to start from scratch. What can we do to change the game? So this time, it'll be more of a joint discussion. I mean, they always joint discussions. But we going from ingredients now. Flour, and sugar, and milk, and whatever. We making a strong, incredible, foundation from the beginning to the end.

AllHipHop: Diamond, will you be taking more of a role in the production process on this album?

Diamond: It's too early to say. We haven't even started recorded yet. Probably, I will.

AllHipHop: Is Fat Joe, Showbiz and Buckwild part of this?

O.C.: Everybody - Joe, Buck, Show is gonna be involved with it. But at this moment, it's in the early stages, it's more like discussions right now. So right now it's me, Diamond, A, and Ness, 'cuz we basically the MC's. We basically discussin' how we gonna put it together without it soundin' like it's forced. We ain't tryin' to fit into a genre of music that everybody else doin', we do what we do.

AllHipHop: On a night like tonight, where three or four of you guys are vibin', what exactly goes on in a discussion or meeting? How do you organize that? How do you build?

O.C.: On some real shit, it's simple man. Right now A and Ness is playing NBA 2004. I'm sitting here reading a magazine. This is how we build. Ain't no special formula or nothing like that, we just get together and talk like grown men supposed to talk.

AllHipHop: Finesse, you jumped this reunion off. What was it inside yourself that told you that you needed to do this?

Lord Finesse: Well, I hear from the fans. [They always asking] about Diggin' in the Crates. We had a great thing, but it happened so quick. That's what the whole thing is about is the motivation from the fans makes you do what you do.

allhiphop.com

Zuletzt geändert von Cpt Crook am 22.02.2004, 14:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.02.2004, 03:57 
Globaler Moderator

Ich bin echt gespannt...hoffe sie produzieren ne Scheibe,
die wirklich noch nach gutem alten Hip-Hop klingt...

Hatte mich auch schon gewundert was mit Lord Finesse überhaupt
los ist...seine letzte Scheibe liegt ja schon ein Jahrzehnt zurück...

Shop: https://www.rapmazon.com/
Email: info@rapmazon.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2004, 14:42 
Globaler Moderator

D.I.T.C.: The Dynasty Remains Pt. 2
By Paine

AllHipHop: What's the personal highlight of your career if you can pin down one?

A.G.: First seeing yourself on television in videos and seeing the people that you grew up with in your neighborhood lookin' at you differently. The parents is lookin' at you like a positive person. And just traveling around the world.

AllHipHop: And you still feel that to this day, in the hood?

A.G.: Yeah. The percentage of the individuals that didn't do anything in the hood is high. So when you're doing something positive and you had a dream and went ahead and ironed that out. And some times things aren't as good as they used to be, but they see that you still fightin' and swingin' it out, that's where the biggest respect comes from. It's easy to stand proud and floss and things like that when things are doing good, but sometimes when it ain't so good, and you that same individual standing there with your chest out, and swingin', acting like you don't got the quit in me, that creates a different type of respect.

AllHipHop: What about you, Ness?

Lord Finesse: A couple. Workin' with Big. Getting a chance to work with Dr. Dre. Workin' with Roy Ayers. Workin' with a crew like Diggin' in the Crates. Discovering Big L. Getting a chance to be the artist I wanted to be regardless of whether I got to reach the level of success I wanted to.

AllHipHop: You mentioned Roy Ayers. Which leads me to ask you, you're favorite break ever?

Lord Finesse: Aw man! Too many. Wow. I'm somebody that got ten thousand records, you askin' me to pick one.

AllHipHop: You still out diggin' often?

Lord Finesse: Yeah, sure. It's never too much to keep digging for knowledge. That's what you're doing when you dig for these records. 'Cuz you still digging for the musical knowledge that you know is out there. To stumble upon something that you never got to listen to or experience, as a producer, to listen to the sound, that's what motivates as a producer, to try to understand what a lot of these soul groups was trying to do.

Diamond: That's hard! I tell you what made me the happiest, when I found two original "Funky Drummer" 45's on the King label. That probably made me the happiest.

AllHipHop: It's scary to think what would-have happened to Hip-Hop without you guys individually and collectively. Do you feel properly appreciated from the industry or outside?

Lord Finesse: Definitely. I mean, not on a hater point-of-view. I don't feel under appreciated with my fans, I feel under appreciated with the industry. The industry is supposed to educate the upcoming culture what's going on right now, and what went down already. They suppose to educate people on who was what, but they so quick to forget and move on. You got cats that invented the pancake as far as Sugar Hill [Gang] and Run-DMC and certain artists because they paved the way. Now if you add blueberries or something to the pancake, yeah, it's a better flavor, you thought of something unique to do with the pancake, but don't take the credit away from the person who originated the pancake.

AllHipHop: A.G., KRS-One was on VH-1 claiming that "Runaway Slave" was his favorite LP ever. How does that feel because your records aren't still in stores, like early Gang Starr or BDP records?

A.G.: I used to watch and follow the Run-DMC, the Rakim. I followed them. I learned all their music, I learned every song on the album. I just wanted to be appreciated on the same level as them. So when you finally reached that level, that's the glory of it. Everything else is extra. We did a show with Rakim at Pace University. KRS-One said "Runaway Slave" was the best album in Hip-Hop. That's all you can really ask for.

AllHipHop: Diamond, I've read that you've been DJ-ing since 1979. So, what correlation, if any, do you see with Hip-Hop then and Hip-Hop now?

Diamond: I started DJing at ten [years old] in like like '79. I didn't meet Jazzy Jay until like '85. But the way they worded it, you would of thought I was outside in the parks with 'em at ten years old. That's not the case. I'm thirty-four years old right now. To a certain extent it still matters if you're rhyming over a beat or a loop that hasn't been used yet. MC's are still battling each other. If anything, those two are the most significant.

AllHipHop: 2004 and 2005 are gonna be huge years for you specifically, O.C.. Because you got this, but you also are doing a solo, as well as your new record with [Organized] Konfusion. How do you bring different sides of yourself to all these tables?

O.C.: It's hard to explain. With Diggin', there's no set rules as far as, "This is how we gonna do the concept." As far as having the experience with [Organized Konfusion], it was never really like, "Yo, we gonna do it like this." It's more like, one person sets it off and just sets the tone. It's not really hard for me, man. I tell young cats, I got the easiest job in the world. But you gotta stay on top of your game.

AllHipHop: One thing that you did that just shook the Hip-Hop world was produce Biggie's "Suicidal Thoughts." That track is pure shivers. What was the conception of that like, and the whole vibe during recording?

Lord Finesse: That was what Big was thinking about, man. When he heard the beat it just hit him like a light bulb. He just said, "I need this beat." So I sent him the beat, and I played some other shit for him. But he was just stuck on that. I gotta have that. I couldn't see where he was gonna go with it. Never in a million years. I didn't end up hearing it until after the album came out. I wasn't even in the studio when he did the vocal. When I did the beat, I know he was out of town. But when he did, he just laced it. I was just a free-lance producer. I was under Puff for a minute. But by the time I was working on Big's album, I was more free-lance.

AllHipHop: Like Diamond, you're highly respected as an MC and as producer. As you reflect on your career, how do you evaluate the two?

Lord Finesse: I look at it as my legacy is still incomplete. I've learned so much that when I look at this next album, which'll probably be the last album in the Diggin' project, you'll see the growth. I got two containers of orange juice. My left container is half full right now. And then my production one is real full. I wanna finish with the container that's half empty. You gotta understand, I say it's half empty, that's a fifteen year go at it. I'm my worst critic because I strive to be the best at what I do, especially when it comes to Rap. Every line I'm putting together makes sense. And there's a lot of subliminal lines in there that people really don't get until you really study what I'm saying. When it comes to lyrics, if I can't come back at the game at the strength that I was, then I ain't comin' back. I don't wanna ever let my fans down because they expect and brag so much. When I come back, I want my fans to tell people, "I told you nobody was touchin' this nigga! He crazy!" Because, if people think Biggie and Wu Tang is old, imagine what they think Diggin' is.

AllHipHop: Diamond, one thing a lot of fans might not realize is that you just dropped a new album, "Grown Man Talk." How does it feel so far, because I know you premiered it?

Diamond: Well you know, I pressed up two thousand of 'em, and they all went. I been getting a lot of feedback about it. Once I lock down some distribution, then I can release it officially.

AllHipHop: You just dropped a few for your truest fans and whatnot?

Diamond: Yeah, basically. Plus, a lot of them songs I recorded, I didn't want them sittin' around, I just wanted to get them out. There's a few samples on my project of course, and I just didn't want them to sit.

AllHipHop: O.C., you're a reclusive dude. You're not out every night and necessarily always in the thick of things. How do you think that that has helped and hurt your own career?

O.C.: To answer both questions at once, it hasn't hurt me. I still do shows. I just came back from overseas with Pharohe [Monch]. This is my life, man! I eat, sleep, and shit this right here. My thing is, the quicker people blew up, the quicker they fell off.

Catch the entire D.I.T.C crew celebrating Lord Finesse's birthday. Hosted by The Wake Up Show/MTV Host Sway! At S.O.B.s in Manhattan, February 19. Part of AllHipHop.com and Sob's Plain Rap series. For more, sobs.com

allhiphop.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:14 
Site Owner

Puddahmaan hat geschrieben:
Ich bin echt gespannt...hoffe sie produzieren ne Scheibe,
die wirklich noch nach gutem alten Hip-Hop klingt...

also ich weiß ja nicht ... die haben alle so stark nachgelassen ... o.c. ist ja nur noch ein schatten seiner selbst, dieses"bon appetit" war einfach nur schlecht, a.g. kommt auch längst nicht mehr so überzeugend wie früher die letzte single von show & ag (ich glaub die waren das zusammen) war einfach nur todlangweilig, diamond d bingt auch nicht mehr als mittelmaß (hat er solo irgendwie noch nie gebracht) und ich denke zu fat joe muss ich ja wohl nix mehr sagen ... hab da eher geringe (sehr geringe) erwartungen...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:23 

ohne Big L fehlt der mit Abstand beste MC der Truppe...nuff said...sonst nur alte Herren :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:28 
Site Owner

ja aber big l wird heutzutage auch besser gemacht als er war ... zu lebzeiten wurde der lange nicht so krass gehypt..und ich wage zu behaupten dass seine 'spektakuläre' ermordung an der situation heute nicht 'unschuldig' ist... aber wat soll's...

was mich sehr verwundert ist, dass die fat joe noch in der truppe halten...seine letzten eskapaden waren dem image der gruppe ja nicht gerade zuträglich.. naja, was argumentier ich hier eigentlich..ich werd mir das ding eh nicht kaufen... :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:33 

ansichtssache, das mit Big L...hat doch IMO großen Einfluss auf die heutige Generation der Standard-NY-Rapper gehabt...aber egal, mir kann man da ja nix erzählen bei L...und Fat Joe ist sowieso ein dicker Clown...sollten lieber Cuban Link in die Gruppe nehmen...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:42 
Site Owner

was heißt fetter clown ... der KANN richtig abgehen wenn er nur WILL ich erinnere nur mal an songs wie "5 fingers of death" oder "Twinz" mit big pun ... also ich finde schon das er ordentlich was reißen könnte... aber naja weißt ja wie die bittere realität aussieht.. :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:47 

ja, ich mein ja heutzutage...wenn er in badehose im pool mit ashanti plantscht...seine stimme ist ja auch hardcore...jealous one's envy ist auch ein brett :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:49 
Site Owner

^^^^

das mit dem pool erinnert mich an so ein unsägliches juice-cover... pfuä.. :ugly: hatte glaube ich auch noch einen rosa titelschriftzug...lol

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:53 

das ist eine der wenigen juice ausgaben die ich habe...das interview ist gar nicht so schlecht, sehr unterhaltsam. z.B. er unterstellt dem interviewer auszusehen "wie einer der mos def und talib kweli hört" :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 22:53 

ja, der missglückte versuch der Juice auch mal Frauen anzusprechen :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.02.2004, 23:42 
Globaler Moderator

CHorleone22850 hat geschrieben:
ja, der missglückte versuch der Juice auch mal Frauen anzusprechen :ugly:

Aber richtig missglückt :D

Shop: https://www.rapmazon.com/
Email: info@rapmazon.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.02.2005, 23:40 
Globaler Moderator

Hat jemand nochmal was von einem neuen D.I.T.C. Album gehört :confused: ? Ist irgendwie ruhig geworden um die Truppe, denke das wird wohl nix mehr mit denen. Mich wundert nur dass sie nicht noch ein bißchen den Hype um Big L ausnutzen, sie werden jawohl noch ein paar unveröffentlichte Aufnahmen von Ihm in den Archiven haben die man nochmal mit ein paar neuen Beats unter die Leute bringen könnte. Aber mit Fat Joe auf der völligen Kommerz-Schien, Diamond als Eigenbrötler, O.C. in seiner Dauerkrise, Show & AG, Lord Finesse in der Versenkung verschwunden habe ich da keine Hoffnung mehr. Eigentlich schade, fand die älteren Sachen von der Truppe eigentlich gar nicht schlecht, war schön straighter East-Coast Rap der ohne Umschweife direkt zur Sache kam...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.02.2005, 23:46 

soll nicht noch ein Big L-Album erscheinen??? Wär auch der einzige der (leider posthum) mich noch interessieren würde aus der Truppe...die anderen sind weit über ihrem Zenit...

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 266 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde