UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 10:52

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 291 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.01.2009, 18:09 
Globaler Moderator

Soulja Slim B.G hat geschrieben:
Bild

thanx für die Empfehlung Slim, seit Langem mal wieder, dass ich aus Überzeugung kaufe, sind paar richtige Kracher drauf, vor allem beatmäßig :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.01.2009, 11:18 

hab ein kleines interview mit PRESIDENT BELL gemacht
viel spass

Zitat:
1: Can you give a short introduction of who you are?
My name is President Bell and I am a rising artist in the United States from the state of Mississippi. I am the Owner and Executive Producer of Holdin’ Our Own Records, LLC. I talk about the issues in society that ordinary people face on a daily basis. I take pride in producing and releasing quality albums. A hit song isn’t good enough for me. President Bell make hit albums. That who I am in a nutshell.

2: When did you start rapping/producing and how difficult was the start?
I started rapping and producing in high school. Around 17 or 18 years old. It was very difficult to get off the ground back then. There are studios everywhere now, but back then, there were very few.

3: Which mississippi rappers were an influence for you, when you decided to rap, produce and found a rap label?
My biggest influences in Mississippi was Boo Da Boss Playa aka Rossini, who is now on my album and signed to Young Jeezy’s label Corporate Thugs Entertainment, and the group Crooked Lettaz, which was the group David Banner was with before he got signed.

4: What was your first release?
The first release I had was with a group called the Secret Emissaries. They released their album in 2003, and it was named the “Element of Surprise”.

5: Since "secret emissaries - element of surprise" cd and your solo album was 4 years, what did you do in this 4 years?
I took a break from music to be honest. I took time off to decide if this is what I really wanted. The rap money was slow, but a hustler keeps getting paid. You know! The streets know what it is. I’m back now though front and center. 100% music. Nothing illegal. Also, the business of music is a lot more complicated then most people are even aware of. Fans don’t really get to see the dark side of music. They see what’s on television or hear what’s on a CD. Most artist are told that a hit song is all you need, but what they don’t tell you is, your hit is worthless if no one knows it exist. And for people to know it exist, advertising is necessary and is very expensive.

6: What happened to the other members of "secret emissaries"? Are you still making music with them?
The other group members of the Secret Emissaries have taken other paths in life. Like I said earlier, the business side of music is demanding. I love them though and respect their choice. Hopefully one day we will make music again, but right now, I’m the only one pushing Holdin’ Our Own Records.

7: You are from a small town called vicksburg. Are you the first person ever from vicksburg to put out a rap record or was there some rappers/producers from vicksburg before you?
No I’m not the first. There were a few artist and producers before me. I am the first to get major radio rotation and become a legal business though.

8: Your cd can be purchased worldwide thru the internet, but can it also be purchased in retail stores outside of mississippi? (maybe texas, tennesse or louisiana?) And if yes how difficult was it to get a distribution for more than just one state?
My music can be purchased at most stores in the United States. If they don’t have it in stock, you can go in and pre-order it. That is handled through Super D/Phantom Distribution. They are one of the largest one-stops in the United States. CD Baby makes it fairly easy. Sign your album up with them and they make your music available at most retail stores and digital outlets in the country.

9: Your album features boo da boss playa and benz of the queen boyz are there some other mississippi rappers you would like to work together with?
Yes. I would like to do some production with David Banner, and work with other artists in this state that’s serious about their craft.

10: I really like your beats. Do you also produce for other peoples besides your "holdin our own records" labelmates? Do you sell your beats to other rappers or do you just take em for your own releases?
I sell beats to artist outside of Holdin’ Our Own Records also. I am actually getting ready to add some of my tracks to my website, which is HooRecords.com or PresidentBell.com. Anyone interested in purchasing instrumental tracks will be able to purchase them directly off my site in the near future.

11: What projects can we expect from you in the future?
I’m working on an album now called “Going Fed”. It will talk about the federal drug raid in my city in which I was arrested. I was later released because of lack of evidence, but a lot of my homeboys are in prison now. So I’m doing this album for them. Lot of rappers lying in their songs, but I put my life on these tracks. No exact release dates have been set, but just keep your eyes and ears open for that. It will be another classic.

12: Any last words?
I just want to thank you and all my fans that support me. It’s because of ya’ll i'm spreading like a wildfire. I also want you to know it takes time to create hit albums. But know this, If Holdin’ Our Own Records name is on it, it’s worth buying. We won’t release if every song isn’t worth hearing. That’s the business. And no amount of money, no major label, not anything will come in between that. That’s my word.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.01.2009, 11:28 

Cooles Interview!

@don: Pack das doch auf die Frontpage!! Paar Pics dazu und die eine cd in die disco, das wars! :thumbs:

"GZ 4 LIFE PROMOTIONZ..REALEST OF DA REAL"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gz4LifePromotion

HATERS CUM IN PACKS, REAL NICCAS COME ONE DEEP!
https://www.facebook.com/Gz4LifePromotion
https://www.reverbnation.com/gz4lifepromotion

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.01.2009, 11:35 
Globaler Moderator

:thumbs:

ich habe auch schon eins gemacht und an den Don geschickt, würde vorschlagen wir packen die zwei Interviews zusammen und machen ein daraus. Aber das soll Don selber entscheiden, schließlich ist Slims schon online.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.01.2009, 23:09 

Kenn den zwar nicht, aber Props für das Interview :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.01.2009, 17:27 
Site Owner

Face97 hat geschrieben:

ich habe auch schon eins gemacht und an den Don geschickt, würde vorschlagen wir packen die zwei Interviews zusammen und machen ein daraus. Aber das soll Don selber entscheiden, schließlich ist Slims schon online.

Ja, das hatte ich mir auch so gedacht. Dauert dann aber ein bisschen.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.01.2009, 17:13 
Site Owner

Empfehlenswert?

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.01.2009, 18:03 

hinter der war ich auch graume zeit hinterher und hab mich gefreut wie sau als ich sie dann endlich hatte. allerdings waren ausser 1-2 guten tracks für mich nichts drauf wenn ich mich recht erinnere. ist aber auch schon jahre her, von daher weiss ichs auch nicht mehr ganz genau.

meine erinnerungen aus der zeit schwelgen im nebel... :bonk:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.01.2009, 18:27 
Site Owner

Klingt ja nicht sehr begeistert... :D Geht das mehr Richtung "Die-Welt-fickt-meinen-Kopf"-Rap oder ganz normaler Gangsta Kram? Und ist es einigermaßen ordentlich produziert? Geh mal tief in dich, vielleicht kratzt du ja noch ein paar Erinnerungen raus... :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2009, 21:39 

kann da leider echt nicht mehr viel zu sagen... hab sie irgendwie einfach als entäuschung im kopf. lyrics weiss ich garnicht mehr. war halt irgendwie langweilig, so dass ich auch nicht oft reingehört habe. tut mir leid. kann dir nicht viel weiter helfen wie es scheint...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2009, 23:57 
Site Owner

pmuderdog hat geschrieben:
kann da leider echt nicht mehr viel zu sagen... hab sie irgendwie einfach als entäuschung im kopf. lyrics weiss ich garnicht mehr. war halt irgendwie langweilig, so dass ich auch nicht oft reingehört habe. tut mir leid. kann dir nicht viel weiter helfen wie es scheint...

Ok, wenn nichts hängen geblieben ist wird's kaum was taugen. Dann spare ich mir das Geld. :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2010, 14:05 

Twony Loke - The Preparation

Bild
Bild

http://www.myspace.com/twonylokeandskg

nachwuchs aus arkansas der mittlerweile in oxford mississipi residiert, kann ich nur empfehlen, deren beats haben scheinbar auch einigen rapgrößen ganz gut gefallen, cooles tape :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.10.2010, 14:42 

Bild
Jackson, MS
2000 Big Bank Records

1.INTRO
2.WHAT YOU SITTIN ON
3.SOLDIER NIGGA
4.SOUTHCOAST BLUES
5.WHAT YOU WORKING WITH
6.AN OUNCE OF LOYALTY
7.JACK MOVE
8.THOUGHTS OF MINE
9.MY WORLD
10.THE ANTHEM
11.HOLD ON
12.LET'S GET PAID TONIGHT
13.I GOT TO GET IT
14.SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF
15.EARLY AGE
16.SHE SPRUNG
17.AIN'T 2 YOUNG
18.MY N*GGAZ
19.STRUGGLE
20.MILITARY MADE
21.OUTRO

Wirklich sehr dopes Sippi Album! Bei Interesse kann ich mal nen Track hochladen!

Hat auch 8 Jahre später nochmal ein Album rausgebracht!
Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.12.2010, 17:57 
Site Owner

Wusste gar nicht dass es dazu ein Video gibt ... :up:

Wildliffe Society - Jacktown (1995)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1W5WDfmOPY

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.12.2010, 23:01 

bdm hat geschrieben:
Wusste gar nicht dass es dazu ein Video gibt ... :up:

Wildliffe Society - Jacktown (1995)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1W5WDfmOPY

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 291 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde