UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 10:58

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 100 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: THE LEGENDARY TRAXSTER & CWAL
BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2004, 21:33 
Globaler Moderator

If any one man were to be credited for the creation of the Chicago rap sound, it would be the man known as Legendary Traxster. Producing songs for Twista’s “Adrenaline Rush” and “Kamikaze,” and Mariah Carey’s, “The Emancipation of Mimi” the multi-talented, multi-platinum, Grammy Award nominated rapper / producer is definitely one of the power players in the rap and hip-hop industry.

Born Sam Lindley, Legendary Traxster was raised in “Pocket Town,” located on the south side of Chicago. In a community where gang violence and drugs were prominent, Traxster used old turntable as his playground, and quickly developed a desire to create his own music. Infatuated by the growing culture of rap and hip-hop music, he began to emulate his favorite rappers by writing rhymes and making beats on any second hand equipment he could find. After creating demo quality recordings of music in his basement, Traxster passed them out to his neighborhood. The immediate excitement over his songs, despite their “roughness,” motivated him to pursue a future in music, and a Legend was born.

Throughout high school, Traxster performed at talent shows, opened up for established rap acts, and played his music on local college radio stations. He continued to sharpen his beat making skills, by creating music for himself, as well as other local rappers.

Upon graduating from high school, Traxster moved out on his own. To make ends meet, the self-proclaimed perfectionist not only formed the rap group “D 2 Tha S,” which took the streets by storm; he also charged local rappers for production and studio time in his living room based studio. As a result, he met the artists who made his career as a producer flourish: Psycho Drama, Do or Die, Snypaz, and Twista. Traxster forged the Midwest / Chicago sound: slow, dark, bass heavy grooves, with wild drums and running hi hats, to match the triple time rhyme patterns of the rappers.

Releases from the local artists made Traxster the Midwest’s hottest producer. Traxster co-founded Creator’s Way, a studio and record label that launched and perpetuated the Midwest sound. Creator’s Way released, on a handshake deal, “Po Pimp,” a single from the group Do or Die (featuring Twista), which was produced, engineered and mixed by Traxster. The single rocked the streets, selling over 60,000 units before Rap-a-lot Records intervened and signed Do or Die to a four-album deal. The single sold over a million copies and the album (primarily produced by Traxster), went platinum and is considered a classic by many rap fans. He followed up his groundbreaking production on the Do Or Die album by producing and releasing Twista's Entire "Adrenaline Rush" album (over 900,000 units sold), and has never stopped banging out heat since.

Aside from Traxster’s excellent production skills, he also possesses a sixth sense when it comes to business. The Legendary Traxster is the CEO and owner of one of Chicago’s top independent record labels, Traxster, Inc., which gives local Chicago artists a chance to follow their dreams in music.

How is Traxster handling his Success? “When I listen to my songs on the radio, I always hear what I could have done better…I’m just honored that so many people appreciate my music, and I want to keep improving, so that I never let them down.” According to the Source magazine, Traxster’s production is considered “magical,“ a new sound that’s not only going to put Chicago on the map, but the whole Midwest.” The rest of the music industry is now discovering what the city of Chicago has known for years, the man…the legend…Traxster.

CWAL Mob Q & A Part Two: The Legendary Traxster

(*) Indicates credit to each member's question

Who is signed to CWAL Mob? (*Face97)

Me, Whitefolks, Dun D & PsychoDrama!

When is your next solo project due to drop? Is it that “Portrait of a Hustler”? (*beaware85)

My next album will be out around April ‘05 it’s called "Potrait Of A Hustler" but I’m thinkin’ about callin’ it “The Return of Gangsta Music" because the latest songs I’ve been doing.

What was your experience like working on the WhiteFolks album and how do you feel overall about this album? (*Believer)

I enjoyed making the album because we did it for the core fans. It was what we do naturally. When we started on it, I told WhiteFolks that I wanted to make a classic. I think that’s what we did.

When is your brother Dun D’s album dropping and will it all be produced by you? (*meanmug)

Dun D has an album done now, but he has a case he's been fighting for a while that may make us have to wait to drop it.

How did D 2 Tha S come to be? (*smokendacitystl) Would you consider bringing back to life D 2 Tha S? (*O_o)

We started that group right after high school cause we were the 2 illest MC’s in the school. Kay-Tone is currently working at Traxster Inc., so D 2 Tha S is still alive in that sense.

How long have you been producing, and did you ever take lessons? (*Wriglee) How did you get into making beats? Did you use any equipment as a child that sparked your creativity with music? (*wardedout)

I've been making beats since ’87, that’s when I started teaching myself production. I asked my mother for a Casio keyboard when I was 14, she bought it.

What’s your keyboard list look like, which is your favorite? (*Wriglee)

I got two set ups right now, one is a MPC 4000, Triton studio, and 2 Roland 5080’s. The other is an all computer set up using logic 7 and every software synth out. But the heart of my production is the sound library I have acquired over the years. I prefer using the computer though cause I can tweak the beat with the same plug-ins I use to mix with in pro-tools.

When making your drum beats do you step record or do it in real time? (*maintain2hang)

I do everything in real-time. A lot of the illest things you do as a producer are accidents so I just let it flow.

Do you plan to use the talkbox more in songs? (*O_o)

I love the talkbox. I didn’t know ya’ll noticed. Anyway I haven’t done it in a min, but I’ma make sure I get it on the new album somewhere.

How long does it take you to finish a beat, before mixing and all that stuff? (*maintain2hang)

It varies. Sometime it takes 10 minutes sometimes 45 minutes, depends on the mood I’m in. “Adrenaline Rush” was in 20 minutes and “Po Pimp” in an hour. See what I mean?

Are you still going to release that sound sample CD with the kicks, snares and percussion? (*Wriglee) What happened to that CD of beats you were supposed to put out? (*maintain2hang)

Those projects are things I want to do, but things keep getting in the way. New projects stop me from finishing the beat CD (WhiteFolks be hogging the beats). The sound CD project changed into a software synth I’m trying to put together. After my album, I will get one of ‘em done.

What's the process you use for making beats, do you have an idea and go into the studio to lay it down or does the magic just happen when you're in the studio? (*Redd) What sparks the amazing ideas used in your work and sets you aside from all other producers out there? (*Daowl)

I just sit down and try to make something raw, prove I’m the best. Once I start, I just hear sounds in my head and try to match them. I think I’m at my best when I listen back and say, “Where the fuck did that come from?” That’s the shit ya’ll end up feelin’.

Your production has a very original sound, who would you class as your musical influences? (*Redd)

Scott La Rock/Krs-One (production) Marle Marl , Dr. Dre, DJ Quick, after ’94 I did more of the influencing.

What is your all-time favorite song that you have produced? (*smokendacitystl) To you, what is the best beat you ever put together for a song? (*meanmug)

Favorite song would be “Time Versus Life“ by PsychoDrama, best beat would be “Warm Embrace” (Twista & Speedknot Mobstaz). Niggaz wasn’t tappin’ drums like that before that beat including Kanye.

Who is your favorite artist or group you have done production for in Chicago? (*beaware85)

As a fan PsychoDrama, as a real nigga the Snypaz.

Who are you feeling from Chi-Town? (*JesseJames314)

WhiteFolks is the only thing I’ve been listening to, but my favorite new artist is Dun D. I’m like ya’ll; I fuck wit that CWAL shit.

Out of all the Chicago artists you've worked with, who have you known for the longest? (*Believer)

In order: D.A. Smart, WhiteFolks, Twista, PsychoDrama, Do or Die, Snypaz

What is going on with a new SpeedKnot Mobstaz album? (*JesseJames314) Will you be working with Twista more after you produce some of the Mobstaz album? (*123456)

All that’s on Twista. I did some songs for the Mobsta album, but they may end up on “Portrait of A Hustler” if I drop first.

Is Twista's Overdose Part 2 song ever coming out? (*steve)

I did the beat, it’s on Twista to finish it.

How long did it take you and Twista to make the “Adrenaline Rush” album? (*steve)

Three months.

What do you think about Legit Ballaz Whiteboy James dissing Twista? Do you know what Twista thinks about that? (*HollaAtUrThug)

Twista and Lif (Liffy Stokes of Speedknot Mobstaz) wrote replies, but never recorded them from what I know. James and Twista’s relationship started before Twista’s and me, so I can’t speak on that.

You made Do or Die's original classic single “Po Pimp,” what was your experience like? (*steve)

It was just a cut Do or Die was doing on the project we were working on. I had to twist AK’s arm to get him to do a radio edit, but I’m glad I did; the rest was history. It was just a magical song, artistry at its finest. Just in the studio vibe’n, doing some shit and made a hit.

How did you and PsychoDrama come up with the whole idea to make the classic song “Magic” back in 1994? (*Believer)

They wanted to make a beat to that sample. I freaked it using the way they used to snap they fingers and some of the rap patterns to tap the high hat. That’s how the whole style was made.

How many songs did you and Toxic record together for that “Shock The World” album? (*smokendacitystl) Is there any way that you will be able to get that “Shock The World” album back from Atlantic Records and release it? (*Chitownplayer)

About 12 songs. I could get‘em from Atlantic, but I’d rather spend that money on some new shit.

Are you still cool with Toxic? (*ktownpop187)

I’ma fuck Toxic up when I see him.

Whats up with D. Villa and can you tell us something about Johnny P & Third Shift? Where are they at? (*Face97) Is there a Third Shift CD in the works? (*D-Maabsta)

I talk to all them occasionally, but we’re not working on anything right now.

What's up with Prince Lon Don? (*windycitychief)

Which one, the one signed to CWAL or the one frontin’ like he with the ROC? I’m focused on the niggas ridin’ wit me 1000%. The ones trying to impress people wit lies can stay on hold.

The newest group out of Chicago Tre Sins has been making a lot of noise lately. What are your thoughts about them and are you looking forward to working with them? (*windycitychief)

They just got to the studio. Uh ohh.

P.S. On the subject of “NEW YORK” the song, it’s too many muthafuckas in Chicago that be on the shit I’m addressing on that song to name them all. It is not a diss to New York or the Dirty South. I feel like niggas have undone all my hard work when they start trying to emulate other places to get on. Its time for me to clean this mess up, I don’t give a fuck how anybody feels about what I said. It’s the truth. Traxster has never backed down and never will to NOBODY. Too many guns fo that!

hier mal der New York Song

http://www.traxster.com/01%20New%20york.mp3

Zuletzt geändert von Face97 am 04.06.2012, 19:59, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.12.2004, 12:42 
Globaler Moderator

from the city of Video

http://www.cwalmob.com/

Psychodrama, Illa, Jilla, DA Smart unter anderem mit dabei

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.01.2005, 22:17 
Globaler Moderator

2004 was a very good year for CWAL Mob. Traxster did production for some of the biggest names in music including Twista, DOD, Eightball, The Outlaws, Mariah Carey, Camron, Tech N9ne and the list goes on. The long awaited WhiteFolks album was released . We started CWAL Mob Films and dropped the movie Trust None. CWAL Mob Films also produced its first music video, Traxster’s “From The City Of” which is featured on Murder Dog's "Best Of The Best" Compilation. WhiteFolks will be shooting his first video soon. WhiteFolks graced the cover of Murder Dog Magazine. WhiteFolks and Traxster were featured in Murder Dog as well as The Source Magazine. Several labels made offers to exclusively distribute Traxster, Inc.
This year we plan to release more music than ever. Traxster's album has been renamed “The Return of Gangsta Music”. He is hard at work finishing it up. Dun D is preparing a mixtape that will be gunning soon. WhiteFolks has started on Trust None II. Trax & Kay-Tone are working on “Nation City - The Movie”. And we are proud to announce that Psychodrama has joined the Mob, and is bangin out heat for their upcoming release on Traxster Inc..

We would like to thank everyone who has supported us over the years. Y'all the reason we do this shit. Real recognize real and that's why lame niggaz don't understand what we doing. So as we mob into a new era of rap music; our era, we gon' throw up that Mob Life for the whole midwest.

CCCCWWWWAAAALLLL!!!!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.01.2005, 15:48 
Globaler Moderator

http://www.traxster.com/Mediapage.html

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 10:38 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.05.2005, 19:27 
Globaler Moderator

The Legendary Traxster
The Return Of Gangsta Music
If any one man were to be credited for the creation of
the Chicago rap sound, it would be the man known as
The Legendary Traxster. Producing songs for Twista°�
°ƒAdrenaline Rush°± and °ƒKamikaze,°± and Mariah Carey°�,
°ƒThe Emancipation of Mimi°± the multi-talented, award
winning Traxster is definitely one of the top producers in
the rap and hip hop industry.
Born Sam Lindley, The Legendary Traxster was raised in
°ƒPocket Town,°± located on the south side of Chicago. In
a community where gang violence and drugs were
prominent, Traxster used the wheels of steel as his playground,
and quickly developed a desire to create his own
music. Infatuated by the growing culture of rap and hiphop
music, he began to emulate his favorite rappers by
writing rhymes and making beats on any second hand
equipment he could find. After creating demo quality
recordings of music in his basement, Traxster passed
them out to his neighborhood. The immediate excitement
over his songs, despite their °ƒroughness,°± motivated
him to pursue a future in music, and a Legend was
born.

Throughout high school, Traxster performed at talent shows, opened up for established rap acts, and
played his music on local college radio stations. He continued to sharpen his beat making skills, by
creating music for himself, as well as other local rappers.
Upon graduating from high school, Traxster moved out on his own. To make ends meet, the selfproclaimed
perfectionist not only formed the rap group °ƒD 2 Tha S,°± which took the underground
hip hop scene by storm, but also charged local rappers for production and studio time in his living
room based studio. As a result, he met the artists who made his career as a producer flourish: Psycho
Drama, Do or Die, Snypaz, and Twista. Traxster forged the Midwest / Chicago sound: slow, dark,
bass heavy grooves, with a touch of wild drums and running hi hats, to match the triple time rhyme
patterns of the rappers.
Releases from the local artists made
Traxster the Midwes�� hottest producer.
Traxster and a couple of his long
time friends formed Creator°� Way, a
studio and record label that launched
and perpetuated the Midwest sound.
Creator°� Way released, on a handshake
deal, °ƒPo Pimp,°± a single from
the group Do or Die (featuring
Twista), which was produced, engineered
and mixed by Traxster. The
single rocked the streets, selling over
60,000 units before Rap-a-lot Records
intervened and signed Do or
Die to a four-album deal. The single
sold over a million copies and the album
(primarily produced by Traxster),
went platinum and is considered a classic by many rap fans. He followed up his ground breaking production
on the Do Or Die album by producing Twista°� Entire °ƒAdrenaline Rush°± album, and has
never stopped banging out heat since.
Aside from Traxster°� excellent production skills, he also possesses a 6th sense when it comes to
business . The Legendary Traxster is the CEO and owner of one of Chicago°� top independent record
labels, Traxster, Inc., which gives local Chicago artists a chance to follow their dreams in music.
How is The Legendary Traxster handling his Sucsess? °ƒWhen I listen to my songs on the radio, I
always hear what I could have done differently°‚I°� just honored that so many people appreciate my
music, and I want to keep improving, so that I never let them down.°± According to The Source
magazine, Traxster°� production is considered °ƒmagical,°ƒ a new sound tha�� not only going to put
Chicago on the map, but the whole Midwest.°± The rest of the music industry is now discovering
what the city of Chicago has known for years, the man°‚the legend°‚Traxster.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.09.2005, 21:20 

hab 23€ für sein album rausgeblättert weil er einer meiner fav produzenten ist. aber das album hat mich ja nur noch enttäuscht. was für ein müll, nicht 1 lied ist hängen geblieben. :sad:

wann kommt die neue?oder sollte ich mir die frage sparen?den traxster ist anscheinend der meinung sein debüt sei ein klassiker :stupid:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.09.2005, 10:11 
Globaler Moderator

das Neue kommt irgendwann in den nächsten 5 Jahren..der Typ ist einfach ein geiler Producer, aber von Geschäft versteht er anscheinend nicht viel.........

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.10.2005, 19:35 
Globaler Moderator

The Legendary Traxster gets set to ring in the New Year hardcore with his highly anticipated album “The Return Of Gangsta Music” set to drop January 17, 2006. Get a sneek peek right now off of his upcoming release by listening to Trax’s newest track ‘Midwest’!

Click here to listen!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2005, 11:54 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2005, 13:05 

--

Zuletzt geändert von Soulja Slim B.G am 07.01.2012, 11:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2005, 17:13 
Globaler Moderator

Soulja Slim B.G hat geschrieben:
soll endlich sein neues soloalbum machen, ich würds mir grad holen einfach aus verbundenheit....

ist schon fertig, soll am 17.01.2006 rauskommen

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2005, 21:07 

--

Zuletzt geändert von Soulja Slim B.G am 07.01.2012, 11:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.12.2005, 23:48 
Globaler Moderator

versuchs doch einfach paar Posts drüber..New York war nur en Disstrack

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.12.2005, 00:16 

--

Zuletzt geändert von Soulja Slim B.G am 07.01.2012, 11:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 100 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde