UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 13:29

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 449 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.04.2011, 21:27 

Ravage macht ne Umfrage:

Welcher Trailer gefällt euch am besten?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr2DTTBZ7Qc

oder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab8k8TXnw0U

Vote @ Kickstarter oder http://www.crayonbeats.com/?p=5439

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.07.2011, 14:31 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

1. Intro (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
2. The Mission (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
3. Bust Ya Melon (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
4. Stunnin' (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
5. Transition (Instrolude) (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
6. The Essence (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
7. Blunts (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
8. Times (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
9. Outro (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)
10. Hot Shit! (Produced By: Jazz Spastiks)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.07.2011, 18:05 

da ich grade zu faul zu tieferer Recherche bin: wer oder was sind Jazz Spastiks?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.07.2011, 19:54 
Globaler Moderator

Keine Ahnung, sagt mir auch nix. Vermutlich ein unbekanntes Newcomer-Produzententeam... :notsure:

Betreff des Beitrags: New MeccaGodZilla video
BeitragVerfasst: 20.07.2011, 07:57 

*NEW MeccaGodZilla video

"RYU BLACK - "METSU ANSATSUKEN [ 暗殺拳] " feat RUBY RED"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcuG3c5a-w

Bild

For More Info: http://fburls.com/78-TcMg2V73 enjoy

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.07.2011, 17:36 

hab mal in das Album reingehört und finde das Gehörte mehr als bescheiden... endlos langweilige Skits an den Trackenden und die Musik selbst fand ich auch extrem schwach. da ist der Track noch ne echte Offenbarung...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.07.2011, 22:57 

SnoopFrog hat geschrieben:
hab mal in das Album reingehört und finde das Gehörte mehr als bescheiden... endlos langweilige Skits an den Trackenden und die Musik selbst fand ich auch extrem schwach. da ist der Track noch ne echte Offenbarung...

Snoop is what you just wrote similar to the below statement in English? I just want to be clear before I respond to what you wrote

"'ve even heard the album and think it's purely heard more than modest ... endlessly boring skits at the track ends and the music itself, I was also extremely weak. because the track is still ne real revelation ..."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2011, 06:16 

MeccaGodZilla hat geschrieben:

Snoop is what you just wrote similar to the below statement in English? I just want to be clear before I respond to what you wrote

"'ve even heard the album and think it's purely heard more than modest ... endlessly boring skits at the track ends and the music itself, I was also extremely weak. because the track is still ne real revelation ..."

"I've even heard the album and think it's purely heard more than modest ... endlessly boring skits at the track ends and the music itself, I find it also extremely weak. this track is still a real revelation ..."

lil' correction...

But please don't get fooled by people like this!
Be thankful that you can't read his music reviews!
I appreciate your music and your work!!! Many people do!
Unfortunately some Internet-thugs don't do it...
Oh... I have to be careful because SnoopFrog is the CEO of the almighty rap4fame board... probably this reincarnation of realness will hate me now and banish me to create an account over there...
Let these haters write their stuff... most of them don't know how much work and effort an artist puts into his/her music. the only thing they can do, is hate on their mama's dick. so let them do it!
Keep on!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2011, 15:43 

MeccaGodZilla hat geschrieben:

well in a nutshell that was correct, I only dipped into the album, so I haven't listened to it intensely yet, it's just a first opinion for now - that's the only thing I'd like to qualify.

I was expecting a lot and it didn't quite sound like nothing I expected, so far I didn't like what it sounded like, that's my opinion so far.

... @heldimzelt: Erklär mir mal dein Problem du traurige Gestalt. hab ich je irgendwo arrogant was davon getönt wie geil meine Reviews sind oder wie fett die Seite für die ich schreibe? Oder biegen sich dir einfach die Nägel hoch wenn jemand ne andere Meinung vertritt. Und was zur Hölle juckt es dich was ich über beispielsweise dieses Album hier denke, ist nur meine Meinung.
btw musst du ja öfters/ regelmäßig auf der von dir verhassten Seite r4f rumstochern, sonst wüsstest du ja nicht so gut Bescheid ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2011, 21:10 

heldimzelt I appreciate this!

Snoopfrog This is why I have a problem with many people. When music came out, people listened to it fully, before give an opinion. You said you only dipped into the album..

it means you did not listen. And the thing is I am not even mad. But you truly didn't listen at all. Snoop the album is an art piece to put together all the artists I've met in my travels, that I really respect. These artists don't get shine in the media at all..but they are all better than lots of indie and signed artists...that was 1 goal for the RYU BLACK album... secondly it is me creating an album that is authentic.. i don't have to front like ima hood nigga... and lie about shit.. the kats out here that are doing stuff don't even rap yo! they have MC skillz but they are rarely recording yo...for realz!

Secondly you rep Germany if I'm not mistaken. You can't listen to music like this and then make a non objective remark. I don't do stuff like that man.. an album is what 60 minutes of your time. If you are gonna give a proper review of work then you should give 60 minutes of undivided attention to what you will review

The skits are a reflection of how my first visit to Japan was... It is actually a part of Japan, I want yall to hear about, just in case you haven't visited. People jumping in front of the trains, photos of purse snatchers all over the subway, girls proactively talking about us at the club, on some real subliminal aggressive shit... made people from all over the world building on a bigger level to make things happen... it's just us clowning and being ourselves...NOT TRYING TO FRONT LIKE I'm a street vet doing dirt and more.. nah sun... I'm MeccaGodZilla... i really "build"... This is a tribute album to the Game Streetfighter... I don't have to front for that.

Do you know I A&R'd Hasan Salaam's first album?
Do you know i gave business consultation to Classified Recordings when it first started? I helped him sell his records to stores! Did you know this?
Did you know that I made his logo too?
do you know i gave business consultation to Krohme and Godsendant when it first started? I help with digital distribution...
do you know how many artists I helped coach so they could get their rocks off?
did you know I've made music for Nike already and armani exchange Japan?
There's so much I do that it's hard to explain...I'm a creator man... that's what I do.

Snoop Frog i'm not a fly by night nigga yo... contrary to what you think. I am sure if you actually ventured out on the trip with me, you'd feel otherwise...about your opinions... although I am from the M.I.C lineage, prior to, I was running with m1 of dead prez and I created a hip hop union, i am a founding member of G.A.ME www.kickgame.com Some real hip hop sh*t to give back to all the artists that live here in NYC man.

M.I.C is it's own monsta...that history is a small chapter of my life as a whole... and the work I put in after Doom left was tremendous...it's more than you'll ever know and no one will take that away from me... from running the company to keeping cats organized and focused

here is just a sample of what's going down in Japan and what I am involved in... do you even know half the cats in the photos? You should, they represent some of the dopest cats in the world. the entire existence of RYU BLACK is to tell the story of my life outside of the M.I.C because when I dropped American Monsta in 2008, It was me completely declaring myself as a solo artist again... did you think the beats on that American Monsta remix album were weak too? In your God Like opinion, What makes a beat... weak? Please entertain my curiousity Snoopfrog... please do

How Hadou is a weak beat? if so.. then we'll never see eye to eye ... There's a craft and style to beat making... I liked that Dilla would take pieces and it'd be familiar but sooo hard to put a finger on where he got a sample from. I'd read liner notes to study and then i'd come across his sample choices Months later going through vinyl on my own... what I did on the ryu black album, ur the first person to say the beats are weak... 1st! I took all the music from the video game itself and flipped it... do u think my music should sound like Xray's, or Doom's or Black Milk or Pete Rock, etc etc? Guess what, I am not them... I'll never be them cuz I'm myself... I rarely critique music as boring without first trying to really understand it... music is entertainment... was this really boring..did you really listen? Monsta Island Czars is what it is...

Does Sean Price still get judged off the music he made with heltah skeltah? Does Buckshot still get judged off the music he made with 5ft, and Evil Dee? Does 9th still get judged for what he did with Lil Brother? Ali Shaheed mentioned this idea in the Tribe Documentary.... the listeners should show love and be more objective to understanding his style of music too, and Tip's music even if it is not 100% Tribe called Quest style... if an artist from the crew ventures out to do something solo, be open enough to support that too... the fans from Tribe should be open to Ali Shaheed's solo efforts... i feel the same way... if someone from M.I.C goes out for dolo, why be on some anti sh*t... it's music yo.. and I am confident that what I made is not wack! If you listen to the lyrics you'd get a message that anyone can relate too... The beat i made featuring Dashah is weak ???? really? Snoop my life is not M.I.C anymore.. it is what it is.. i live my life, full time, traveling and doing shows and stacking $$$ and planet hopping as much as I can... I don't just live in NY and smoke weed and fuck around... I actually impact lives in the artist community on a global level yo, which is a lot more than lots of "underground rappers" are doing... If I am wrong with what I am writing here, then I'll be that! below are photos of just 2 of my days in japan... i could show you more.. it has girls in it.. so what right? but it's the point that I want to touch all kinds of lives yo....

Hip hop by now should have evolved into something else.... i made a audio movie cuz i am trying to help the culture evolve yo... it's based off of a video game..and intertwines with my actually real life...

You cannot be doing shit like that man... even if it's a movie you don't like..watch that shit.. u committed to starting the film.. finish it and get an overall evaluation...try to figure out what the director was doing..it's the same with music... it's all entertainment... so try to be entertained and stop judging me off of what the previous M.I.C sound was... I was making music before I got down with M.I.C and I am still going afterwards

Bild

Bild

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2011, 22:30 

First off, it's honorable you didn't just affront me like I've experienced with other artists before who didn't like whole review-ratings of mine... BUT (and that's a big BUT) I never claimed this opinion here to be neither final nor official (ergo this is not a review)... so since I don't even want to disagree with anything you said, let me just explain myself, since I think you got me wrong...

(a) This here (the ugrap.de forums) is just a board where people talk about HipHop. I'm not an editor in any kind on here, I'm just a normal user and what I wrote was an opinion that was explicitly marked as not final or profound. Please believe I'd never write a serious review without having listened to an album extensively for multiple times.
Maybe we can discuss if it makes sense to even mention what my first impression after dipping into the album was.

(b) I'm more than aware that the M.I.C. era is over and it would've been stupid to expect the sound you were known for in that era - I didn't. My first expectations for this album manifested as I listened to "Metsu Ansatsuken" for the first time.

(c) at the end of the day, and even if after having listened to the album for a dozen times I come to the conclusion I don't like it (and that again is an explicit "if", who knows how much of a grower it is), it's just my opinion - and it's not godlike, it's one out of thousands. Music is a subjective thing, so if I dislike a beat the next person might love it and there's no way to distinguish who's right.
If I'm the first one to tell you I didn't like this and that track, that means that almost everybody liked it, so if I was you I wouldn't care much about that one guy saying he didn't like something - there will always be that one guy.

And as it seems to me you took it a little personal: If you remember our talks you'll know how much I respect you - and that'll never change, I can't change how I feel about music though.
So sorry for not having paid full attention to this album yet, I'm pretty busy right now but I definitely intend to deal with "Perfect Heaven".
Peace!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2011, 23:48 

thank you for your indepth response

I don't take things personal if I feel someone is being fair.

Yeah, maybe music is subjective....we should still listen to music and watch movies in an objective way because it's all in the realm of entertainment.

You said "If I'm the first one to tell you I didn't like this and that track, that means that almost everybody liked it, so if I was you I wouldn't care much about that one guy saying he didn't like something - there will always be that one guy. "

You represent a country I'd like to visit one day and rock. I've heard great things about your country...if you are writing opinions, cats will read what you write and write my music off, when in reality, they may really like it... it's like u visiting my hood for the first time and before u get there, I tell folks don't even talk to with anyone named snoopfrog yo, that kid's work is not official at all...

but i dont even say what is not really official about u.. i just say it to say it

once u get here.. then so many are quick to write you off not even give you a chance, because it's based on my word. I don't know how powerful your word is...Dude I am not worried like that at all, but everyone shouldn't be so quick to write something off, if you aren't fully doing the knowledge yo

if you dislike something then say in detail what about it....

snoop if you REALLY, REALLY respect me as per "And as it seems to me you took it a little personal: If you remember our talks you'll know how much I respect you - and that'll never change, I can't change how I feel about music though. " if this is true..then you'd listen fully before commenting...

snoop that's not respect at all yo! I do appreciate that you mentioned you have a lot of other music to listen to... cool! You probably have a full time job and all that. but it's like cmon son... that's not showing respect at all...I am not even taking this personal ... but it's very interesting to me how people can just blurt stuff out like that...

anyways.. I'm over it...I hope to visit your country and perform there like many of my friends have done... I hope the M.I.C fam continue to push forward the way they know how! i'm out

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2011, 00:50 

First off, my word is nowhere near "powerful". I write for a website which is not amongst the most visited HipHop-websites in Germany.

Second, the only review that exists on the website rap4fame about MeccaGodZilla is the Soundclash with Bond, which I liked a lot (and rated 4 out of 5). And as of now, I haven't even planned on reviewing "Perfect Heaven", and this is BECAUSE I haven't listened to it enough to be able to judge it with clear conscience. (and if I reviewed an album I don't like, I'd most certainly give reasons about what I didn't like)
This place (ugrap.de) is where I blurt out thoughts and comments that are not 100% water proof, because I'd compare this place to a conversation/ smalltalk I'd have with someone on the street about music.
So please differentiate between uttering something in here and fully eloborating it in a review.

Now third, you mentioned something that scrutinizes the existence of editors as a whole: the single opinion mediated by them, consumed by masses. And that's exactly what media does, be it with reviews, columns or whatever, from an editor at pitchfork reaching out to thousands of readers down to someone like me probably making a bunch of heads read... yes we influence opinions, but you have to expect readers to be intelligent enough not to believe everything they read.
Plus, what's your implication? Should there be no more negative reviews anymore, cause they'd always affect someone in a bad way? That corrupts the idea behind an editor's job in my opinion.

The bottom line: Yes it might not have been the politest way to put my rushed first impression, but even if I comment on Lil Wayne's new mixtape saying "I think it sucks ass", that's my freedom of speech. It'd be a comment lacking any explanation, but I mentioned above that ugrap.de is not the place where I justify everything I say

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2011, 05:03 

dude most of the masses are highly influenced by what they read yo... that is my main issue, you just admitted you do influence opinions..,people pay attention

but then you say "First off, my word is nowhere near "powerful" I totally disagree. You really feel that way? the word has incredible power and so does your word and if you don't feel that way... there's not much more I can say to u... bro it does not matter if you have 1 reader or 10,000 readers.. someone is reading and 1 person that really likes something can be the catalyst for something way bigger

Ok...point taken... "This place (ugrap.de) is where I blurt out thoughts and comments that are not 100% water proof, because I'd compare this place to a conversation/ smalltalk I'd have with someone on the street about music. "

still... do you really talk like that? blah blah blah Yo that new shit is wack?

then someone asks you, well what have you heard exactly and u say

well i haven't fully gone thru it yet...

You say "Plus, what's your implication? Should there be no more negative reviews anymore, cause they'd always affect someone in a bad way? That corrupts the idea behind an editor's job in my opinion. "

I am not saying that at all.. but do the knowledge first.. it's like you skim thru the pages in a book.. of this is bullshit! nah sun.. read the full book first...

regardless if it's an album, art piece, book, poem itself.. digest that man

In NY that's not a good look if things are impulsive like that especially being involved with music, fashion and the art culture.. people take this very serious. I have fought over art, my friends have fought over this, some have died for ART and everything in between! ..it's really serious .... ... in NY if you talk like that.. people, especially if you are in a social setting, are quick to be like..well why? and if what you say has no foundation, that may be the end of people willing to build with you... cuz i am from a place where u never know who's standing next to u..we always have to be careful what we say... no invites to the great BBQ's etc.. u'd be grillin by yourself... literally haha

and of course there's people who just don't care what others think...that's cool too. i actually wrote more but I deleted it... I'm not trying to say I am all high and mighty and perfect... definitely not trying to say I am right or my opinion is JUST either.. i am just debating that's all.. I'm out Snoop
enjoy ur weekend

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2011, 08:17 

:fag:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 449 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde