UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 13.05.2024, 23:11

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 55 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Atoms Fam
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2003, 13:04 
Globaler Moderator

Cryptic One über kommende Releases (vom Daybyday Board)

Cryptic One (CPRecords) - "Anti-Mobius Strip Theory"
Jestoneart (CP Records) - "Dark City"
Vast Aire (Chocolate Ind) - solo LP
Hangar 18 (Def Jux) - "The Multi-Platinum Debut"

Those are the albums that are finished and ready to go... if all goes as planned they will all drop in the first half of next year... Vast's album drops in late march... Hangar's album drops in June

and besides those albums, we have a good number of other joints in the works (Vordul solo LP, Euphony 2, Atoms Archives 2, Vast&Cryptic EP, and more)

-----------------------

Vordul solo - not sure on exactly who is going to do all the production on it... im hoping i can get a track or two on there before its done... but its been a real undercover mission so far

As far as Jest's album goes... its my favorite of the 4 albums i listed... i think its going to shock alot of people just because Jest has been pretty much the least active Atom over the years...but the album is crazy

Little more info for those that dont know:
Vast LP production by Ayatollah, MF DOOM, Blueprint, Cryptic, Beatminerz, Camu Tao, Shelshock 3 beats from Madlib... and more that im forgetting offhand... guest vocals from Sadat X, Vordul, Breezly Brewin, MF DOOM

My LP - production by me (most of the LP), Jest, Blueprint, and 3 tracks from Blockhead... vocal guest spots from Windnbreeze & Aesop Rock

Jest's LP - he did ALL the production, only guest spot is Alaska

Hangar 18 - DJ paWl (one of Atoms 2 DJs... responsible for the beat for Mr Lif "Front on This") did all the production... guest vocal spots from Sadat X, Blueprint, and Bill G (you dont know the name now... but im sure you will in the future, he is nasty)

I think thats it... may have missed some info here and there

Also check soon for a new compilation from Embedded Records... we recorded an Atoms Fam posse joint on it (all of us except Vordul)... should be out in march i think... maybe april... i also did a remix for it that should pop up somewhere shortly after

Hmm... what else...

Check out Greenhouse Effect's new LP "Life Sentences" (out now only online... should hit stores in the next 2-3 weeks)... me and Vast are on a song on it... and the album is dope overall

be sure to check out DJ Cip-One's mix CDs... the latest "The Formula" has some exclusive Atoms stuff on it... and the older one "Mixed Dosage" has a vordul freestyle... and a remix i did for "Vein"

check out the Convexed: Nature Sound compilation... a new Cann Ox track on it... a couple of vordul tracks on it... and a bunch of other things that make it worthwhile

Vast the king of guest appearences is also on Diverse's new album... vast & diverse over an RJD2 beat

And cant forget that the new Vast single has been in stores for a couple of weeks now (its been doing really good sales wise)..."Look Mom...No Hands" produced by Madlib... and the b-side "Whyisdaskyblue?" produce by me

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2003, 18:32 

Waren einige von denen nicht auf dem Cannibal Ox Album gefeaturet?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2003, 21:57 
Site Owner

Paradox hat geschrieben:
Waren einige von denen nicht auf dem Cannibal Ox Album gefeaturet?

weiß ich so spontan nicht (ist schon lange her seit ich mir das angehört habe), aber die atoms fam hat ja auch schon zwei (?) group-alben rausgebracht:

1. The Prequel
2. Euphony

Vor allem "The Prequel" gefällt mir ziemlich gut, wobei ich es mir sehr ermüdend vorstelle den Raps von Hangar 18 ein ganzes Album lang zu lauschen... :bonk:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2003, 11:13 

hab von denen diese halb/halb cd von sandbox
eine hälfte die centa of da web "beyond human comprehension ep" und andre hälfte "atom fam's family archives vol.1"

gefällt mir sehr sehr gut... dafür dass das alles altes material um 96 ist.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 22:39 
Globaler Moderator

14 Monate später...

Nachdem CP Records seit gestern mit einer neuen Homepage online sind ( www.cprecords.net ), gibt es auch wieder einige Atoms Family Neuigkeiten:

Zitat:
Cryptic One just wrapped up the follow up to last years Anti-Mobius Strip Theory. The new album is titled Truth: The Whole Truth, Half Truths, & Lies and will be released later this year.

Zitat:
Cryptic One has just produced 5 tracks for LoDeck of J23 for an upcoming album of his. More info to come

Zitat:
Atoms Family Archives Volumes 2 & 3 are currently being worked on, expect to see them in the CP Store this spring

Zitat:
Crypstramentals Volume 2 & 3 are also nearing completion. Volume 2 & 3 will both be titled The Yesteryears and will consist of Cryptic One produced instrumentals from 92-95. They will be available in the CP Store this spring.

Mir würden ja schon das neue Cryptic One Album und die Veröffentlichung der Family Archives in diesem Jahr ausreichen...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 22:43 

ohja cryptic one find ich auch :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 22:54 
Globaler Moderator

Seine Produktionen sind schon recht ordentlich, sein Debut "The Anti Mobius Strip Theory" lief bei mir längere Zeit dauerhaft im Player. Zum Thema noch einmal eine kurze Erläuterung zur Atoms Family:

Zitat:
In 1995 the Atoms Family was established, and at the time of its birth the crew boasted over 30 members across the tri-state area. Atoms spread their word and grew their buzz through rhyming at open mics, doing local showcases, and rhyming in ciphers on NYC streets. The following year, Atoms Family members Cryptic One, Whichcraft, and Molecule would record and release the first official release from within the Atoms collective. This EP, Centa of da Web's "Beyond Human Comprehension", put Atoms on the map outside of the local NYC hip hop scene and would be the start of an impressive decade long immense discography.

Over the years the crew has changed many times, and has now settled to the current 8 members: Alaska, Cip-One, Cryptic One, DJ paWl, Jestoneart, Vast Aire, Vordul Megilah, & Windnbreez.

From the critically acclaimed gritty Cannibal Ox opus "The Cold Vein", to the quick flows and party vibe of Hangar 18's "Multi-Platinum Debut". From Cryptic One's thought provoking moody debut "The Anti-Mobius Strip Theory" to Paradoxical States highly anticipated debut "Dark City". The Atoms Family is a diverse bunch that has proven time and time again that they can and will continue to provide the world with meaningful music that pulls no punches.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2005, 23:29 
Globaler Moderator

Und nochmal Nachschub: Das folgende hat Cryptic One bei Weightless Records im Forum gepostet, interessant seine Aussage dass er auch ein paar Tracks für MF Grimm produziert hat:

Zitat:
Jestoneart LP - Dark City - this summer
Cryptic One LP - Truth: Whole Truths, Half Truths, & Lies - shooting for a fall release
Vast Aire & Mighty Mi - its done... not sure when its going to be released
Vast Aire solo EP on chocolate - work in progress... supposed to come through here this week to record some joints
Hangar 18 - second LP... they are apparently well into recording it already... i havent heard any of it yet... im guessing '06 for that one
Vordul, C Rayz & 4th Pyramid - working on a project together
Mighty Joeseph (Vast Aire & Karniege) - last i heard they were 1 or 2 songs away from completion... then they start shopping it
Atoms Family - Archives Volume 2 (more unreleased or hard to find joints) - this summer
Crypstramentals Vol 2. - The Yesteryears (92-93) - beats of mine that were made from 92-93
Crypstramentals Vol 3. - The Yesteryears (94-95) - see above
Crypstramentals Vol. 4 - more instrumental joints that ive produced from the past few years

all those will be distributed so u should see em around... except for the Crypstramentals & Atoms Archives... those will be only at shows and on the cprecords web store (which is almost complete... thaks print!!)...

there have been talks (again) about getting together and doing a real Atoms Fam LP... which, considering that none of us (minus paWl & jest) have real jobs anymore, should be easier these days... but i wouldnt really count on it happening anytime soon

im also playing with the idea of doing some 7" releases the older favorites for the vinyl heads... if i could i would put everything on vinyl and say a big fuck u to CDs... but financially it just aint possible
other then that ive been doing production here and there for cats

did 5 tracks for an upcoming LoDeck LP... he just was here to pick up the files for those today... wont drop for a whille tho
did a track for Prime (formerly of molemen)
did a couple of tracks for MF GRIMM

umm... im forgetting shit probably

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.02.2005, 13:51 

ich hab Euphony und manche tracks find ich genial :thumbs:
def jux halt....... ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.02.2005, 13:54 

Freue mich schon auf die neue Cryptic One. "Anti-Mobius Strip Theory" hat mir schon gefallen! :thumbs:

Mache dir Gedanken - und du wirst Erkenntnis erlangen.

-Kaibara Ekiken-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.09.2005, 18:01 
Globaler Moderator

Mal wieder ein paar Atoms Fam Neuigkeiten:

Am 08.08.2005:

Cryptic One hat geschrieben:
Atoms Fam Archives Volume 2 is here... nothing like NEW old shit

I'll have a few copies at scribble jam... and it will be up for order on the site after i get back from scribble (next monday)

For those that dont know... Atoms Archives are collections of songs that either are from old out of print records... or never before been released songs...

Tracklisting for Volume 2 is:

1. Vast Aire & Aesop Rock - Apology
2. Cryptic One - Eyes Wide Shut
3. Cryptic One, Alaska - Digital Doomsday
4. WindNbreeze, Cryptic One, Alaska - 32 Perspectives
5. Osirus, Cryptic One, Vordul, Vast - Lemmie Atom
6. Cryptic One - Uncomfortable Silence Double Time
7. WindNbreeze -Overdose
8. Cryptic One, Shrug - Dreams
9. WindNbreeze, Cryptic One, Alaska - Names for $200
10. Advisor, Cryptic One, Vast Aire - High on Life (Break the Mold)
11. WindNbreeze, Cryptic One, Alaska - Streetlamp Confessions
12. Alaska, Kasm, WindNbreeze, Cryptic One - Small Violins
13. Cryptic One - Human Error
14. Cryptic One, Alaska - Mata Hari

all produced by Cryptic One except
1 Produced by Blockhead
2 Produced by Hipsta
5 Produced by ShelShock
7 Produced by Jestoneart
12 Produced by Kasm
11, 14 Produced by Talaga

this will be a show/tour/website release only... and i hope to have Volume 3 ready by the end of the year

Cryptstramentals 4,5 & 6 will be done by years end as well... and we have some OFFICIAL releases in store for you soon as well...

Nachfrage vom 02.09.2005 nachdem nix passierte:

VirucidE hat geschrieben:
Whats goin on its been like 2 weeks since u said this was gonna be in the store cryptic

Antwort vom 02.09.2005:

Cryptic One hat geschrieben:
its going to be there... sorry for the delays, but it will be up VERY SOON

just trying to get all the site updates done at once, then launch everything at the same time

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.09.2005, 20:17 

Weiß einer wo man die Euphony noch kriegen kann? Ist ja kein CDR oder Slimcase (wie die The Prequel), ne?

Mal schaun was es mit den Official Releases auf sich hat...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.09.2005, 21:29 
Globaler Moderator

Euronymous hat geschrieben:
Weiß einer wo man die Euphony noch kriegen kann? Ist ja kein CDR oder Slimcase (wie die The Prequel), ne?

Mal schaun was es mit den Official Releases auf sich hat...

Habe es doch im "Cd-Suche-Thread gepostet" :confused: ? Ist auch ein ganz offiziell gepresstes Album, The Prequel aber eigentlich auch (Zumindest der Re-Release, meine aber das Original auch) :confused: ?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.09.2005, 00:54 

War etwas doppeldeutig ausgedrückt, also wie die prequel und nicht cdr/slim ;)

Da schau ich da mal rein

/edit:

Nicht schlecht und akzeptiern Paypal, die T-Shirts sind auch ganz cool :)
Will einer mitbestellen wegen der $12 Versand :D ?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.09.2005, 07:47 
Globaler Moderator

Ich werde dort auf jeden Fall bestellen wenn das Update draußen ist, zur Zeit aber nicht.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 55 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde