UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 07.06.2024, 06:59

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 2548 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 170  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 17:45 

Michi hat geschrieben:
Ja die Skeemask ist der Killa schlecht hin allein der Track "Forever Hustlin'" :god:
Wer ist eigentlich auf der Squeeky "The Beginning" der Female MC der auf mehreren Tracks ultra bös abgeht?

'dead men calling', auch ein brett ohne ende...fands aber irgendwie :ugly: dass der gute squeeky lange fingernägel hat aufm backcover...sieht komisch aus :ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:00 

CHorleone22850 hat geschrieben:
Michi hat geschrieben:
Ja die Skeemask ist der Killa schlecht hin allein der Track "Forever Hustlin'" :god:
Wer ist eigentlich auf der Squeeky "The Beginning" der Female MC der auf mehreren Tracks ultra bös abgeht?

'dead men calling', auch ein brett ohne ende...fands aber irgendwie :ugly: dass der gute squeeky lange fingernägel hat aufm backcover...sieht komisch aus :ugly:

Der track ist auch geil, genau wie "the devil tyring 2 take my soul"

die homies haben irgend wie alle länge Finger Nägel weiss echt nicht warum die so wachsen lassen ... guck die MJG sein Cover an.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:02 

lol, bei der MJG ist das ja noch eine Spur 'besser', hab ich vorher nie drauf geachtet...scheint ein Fetisch zu sein in M-Town... :bonk:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:09 

die Scheibe von Tom Skeemask find ich auch ziemlich cool, stimmt das eigentlich, dass der ursprünglich von der Westküste kommt?

Wie findet ihr die Sachen von DJ Zirk? Hab von ihm letztens n Interview gefunden:

Zitat:
Down-South: For those who don't know about your history, tell everyone when and how you got started?

DJ Zirk: Mane, back in the days....damn you goin too far! I can tell you back in the days when me and DJ Squeeky got together doin mix tapes. This popped off back in 92, 91. Mane me and Squeeky was together really before I started messin with Gangsta Pat, before Gangsta Pat dropped his albums. We was still in High School.

Down-South: So you went to school with Squeeky?

DJ Zirk: Yea, yep cause me and Squeeky still was in High School.

Down-South: Where did yall go to school at?

DJ Zirk: We went to different schools, but we was all in Orange Mound. Thats around 89-90 right there.

Down-South: So yall did mix tapes together?

DJ Zirk: Yea I was apart of it, but it was mainly Squeeky mix tapes. He was puttin out mix tapes, Rated R was helpin me get them into stores. We first went to Stereo One and Mister Z's and all them started accepting mix tapes and stuff like that.

Down-South: Was that like DJ Squeeky Volume 1, Volume 2, etc?

DJ Zirk: Yea all those junts there.

Down-South: When did you start doin your own tapes?

DJ Zirk: Bout 93 with the first Too Thick album.

Down-South: Who all was in the Too Thick Family?

DJ Zirk: Buckshot, Kilo G, Tony Down, Tom Skee, DJ Zirk and really DJ Squeeky. That was the first.

Mr. Tinimaine: That was the original now.

DJ Zirk: Primo and Tinimaine, they didnt come til a little bit after.

Down-South: So the first thing yall did was a click album?

DJ Zirk: Yea

Down-South: And then started droppin the solo albums?

DJ Zirk: Yea, local tapes, it wasnt even on TV then.

Down-South: Who was the first to drop a solo tape?

DJ Zirk: Who was it Buckshot?

Mr. Tinimaine: Nah it was you and Kilo

DJ Zirk: Ahh yea, me and Kilo. That was before Too Thick.

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea that was before Too Thick

Down-South: What was that tape called?

DJ Zirk: Uhmm, it was the one with the original "Dirty Hoes" and all that on it.

Down-South: When did Buckshot's album "Strapped With Them Thangs" come out?

Mr. Tinimaine: That was around 93-94, yea summer of 93, thats when Buckshot came out.

Down-South: Did Buckshot ever drop another tape?

DJ Zirk: Nope

Down-South: What happened to him? He get locked up or something?

DJ Zirk: Yea that too, and he gone into preaching.

Down-South: So after Buckshot came, what dropped next?

DJ Zirk: Primo, it was originally called "Down For My Crown" but I think it was changed to somethin else.

Mr. Tinimaine: Primo's was called "Ten Toes Down"

DJ Zirk: Is that what it was? See it was "Down For My Crown" but Pretty Tony...

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea we had a little conflict with Pretty Tony

DJ Zirk: So we changed it.

Down-South: Tommy Wright came out with Ten Wanted Men "Ten Toes Down"

Mr. Tinimaine: He was bitin too, thats why he got shot off on, on my "Tini 5" junt. Causin he was bitin, tryin to do slick shit too, you know what I'm sayin? But that'll come later though.

Down-South: Before we get into that, how did you and Zirk hook up? Did yall know each other already or what?

Mr. Tinimaine: There was a cat out of the original Too Thick click right, that wanted to keep me to himself, he was like "Nah we gonna have to keep him away from Zirk and Kilo and 'nem before they snatch him away from me" So when they finally heard me on some rough draft shit we was doin through DJ Squeeky, they had to snatch me. Zirk had to snatch me, it was like nah this my boy right here. He gonna be with me from this day on and that was in around 93 or 94.

Down-South: So that was in 94?

Mr. Tinimaine: Well nah that was in 93, cause I wrote a song for Buckshot tape.

DJ Zirk: Whats that song you and Criminal had did back in the day? "Gotta Get The Cap"

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea "Gotta Get The Cap"

Down-South: When you dropped your solo tape, you was roastin Tommy all over it

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea Tommy mane, N.O.D., uhh....

Down-South: Wasn't you talkin bad about Skinny Pimp on there?

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea Skinny Pimp, cause me and Skinny Pimp at that time was into it, bootleggin each other's albums and shit.

Down-South: So did you ever get into any altercations with Skinny or Tommy or them?

Mr. Tinimaine: Nah, I had an album release party and Skinny showed up, he rocked the junt too. I aint heard from Tommy, I heard Tommy was tryin to get in touch with me when I was out of town.

Down-South: Yea you was on Tommy's album "On The Run" how did that come about?

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea that was some slick shit though, that wasn't supposed to be on there. Thats why he had alot of old Memphis folk hit his ass, like Fly and Gangsta Blac. You know, me Gangsta Blac and Fly, cause he was doin alot of crazy shit. And just like Select-O-Hits, they lookin for his ass now, they aint seen him in like 4 or 5 months and that aint like him. They wonderin is he dead or somethin.

Down-South: After you dropped your tape, what happend to you?

Mr. Tinimaine: The rap game wasnt payin me like I wanted it to. And actually I wasnt just focused on it, I was focused on some more shit. This street like and mane I just got caught up in this street life. I moved away, moved out to Las Vegas and I just been back a little over a year now. Locked up and shit, went on a little jailtime vacation, thats where all them years went.

Down-South: Before we get off the underground shit, what are some of your favorite underground tapes?

DJ Zirk: Mega Bass part 1 was one of my best.

Down-South: I'm talkin about ones that aint yours.

Mr. Tinimaine: I used to bump that Tire Shop (Off Gangsta Blac's underground tape "Breakin The Law")

DJ Zirk: Really the only ones I listened to was Three 6 Mafia and Gangsta Blac. I aint really just listen to nobody else cause he came his own way. Blac came at that time, I dont think he gonna ever retire.

Mr. Tinimaine: Back in the day, I used to listen to Psycho.

DJ Zirk: It aint just too many others we listened to, cause we was doin our thang. And Three 6 when they was comin, they was doin they own thang. Maybe Al Kapone or some shit like that.

Mr. Tinimaine: Also, before we get off the underground, there was alot of slick dissin, I mean hatin goin on durin the underground too. I'm talkin about outside the click and within the click.

Down-South: What happened with Tom Skee? He was with yall, then left, then came back or what?

DJ Zirk: Nah, he was with family, he was with Squeeky and them too. See we all really together.

Down-South: So he was just workin with both of yall?

DJ Zirk: Yep, really he was a solo, an upcomin solo artist in his own way. That's how we seen him. Upcomin, so we was all just lettin him do whatever he wanted to do.

Down-South: Now what about Three 6 Mafia, tell me about them.

Mr. Tinimaine: I'm cool with one of them cats out that click, he still owe me some muthafuckin money but we straight.

DJ Zirk: Crunchy and Lord Infamous is down with me, cause I aint never had no problem with them. The ones I had a problem with was Paul and Juicy.

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea the DJ's.

DJ Zirk: Yea, it was why yall niggas constantly sampling our shit and bitin off our stuff. We tryin to please our own crowd with our own stuff. Somebody else come around there and be like "Hey Zirk you on DJ Paul's tape" And I'm like I aint on no DJ Paul tape. They like listen "Stick em up, stick em up" I'm like Damn! I'm like Aww Shit! And people actually thought that we was together at one point. That man would just take little pieces of a beat and it be just like ours. They was like takin our stuff, makin remixes and makin it his own, then he started puttin his little raps on top of it. Then the click came with him, Skinny & Homicide. All them was together. Cause me and Skinny, Homicide and Kilo G... we saw them at the mall, shopping at the mall, we had a little altercation. Besides Juicy & Paul, its still on with the rest of them.

Mr. Tinimaine: The rest of them, they cool mane, its just them damn DJ's.

DJ Zirk: Like that song "For my niggas, for my niggas gettin buck, gettin so rough" They made 3 songs off that 1 song! Cause I got that from Rodney O & Joe Cooley and after that I didnt want to use them nomore. They was takin people's songs and makin their own songs, and they still doin it today. When we was comin up, we was comin up on our own, cause we wanted to come up. We wasn't comin up cause we wanted to be like somebody else. Tinimaine was original with his twistin and the way he do, he was twistin before Paul and them was. That's the reason why we accepted Tini. Kilo G he even had his own little style of twistin too, he wasnt somebody we got because he sounded like or wanted be like somebody else, they had original style. And its like ever since when Paul rose up, we was just hearin our own shit on their tapes. Some people couldnt even tell the difference. Long as it was that "Stick Em Up" or "Ass Out" or somethin in it, mane it was alright with them. Mane we always was ourselves, we didnt want to be like nobody else like that. So I look at them as actually just somebody who wanted to be us. And Paul was just goin for it.

Down-South: So yall had alot of anna with them?

DJ Zirk: Do you know where that word anna came from?

Down-South: Yea its short for animosity

DJ Zirk: I invented that word mane, I was the first to put the word anna on a tape and then I turn around and DJ Paul and everybody else saying anna all over they tapes.

Down-South: When did "Lock Em In The Trunk" drop?

DJ Zirk: Yea it dropped around 95

Mr. Tinimaine: They banned that off the radio though, cause they was puttin niggas in the trunk for real. They had to take that shit off the radio.

DJ Zirk: We was tryin to push it out, but it wasnt happenin, we was workin a little deal and thangs just didnt fall through right. But at that time, everything was against us, we had the media against us, it was shown on TV and all that.

Down-South: So they was talkin about yall on TV?

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea we on Jerry Springer show and some more shit.

Down-South: Damn yall should've gone platinum with promotion like that.

Mr. Tinimaine: That goes back to the hatin outside the click and within the click.

DJ Zirk: It wasnt nothin but a come up then, but you had people in the click that didnt want me to the main mane, everybody wanted to take the spotlight. Once that Too Thick "Lock Em The Trunk" happened, alot of other people in the click didnt like it, cause everything was on me then, they didnt understand. Everybody wants to be on top. Like Tupac said when a man is on top, you got to go for him.

Down-South: so what happened next?

DJ Zirk: We dropped the "Lookin For The Chewin" tape in 96, that did pretty well.

Down-South: Whats your album called Tinimaine?

Mr. Tinimaine: "Memoirs of the Leprekhaun"

Down-South: You been callin yourself the Leprekhaun since them underground days, alot of folks gonna read this and see the title of your album and think your bitin Lil Flip

Mr. Tinimaine: If a muthafucka listen to our tapes, they'll know damn well, theres nothin else alike between me and Flip except for sayin we the Leprechaun. Aint no similarities or nothin like that, but I been havin that name.

Down-South: From 95 to 2002, has your style changed any?

Mr. Tinimaine: Mane all I can say about it is, that its matured. Maybe you can feel me more, but other than that. The tongue twistin and all that aint changed. What you think about that Z, my style changed any?

DJ Zirk: Nah I think you gonna get that same ole Tini feel, thats what this album reall was based on, was still being original and being ourself and doin what we love to do. Still got a little of that old flavor in it and some of the new. Get this one the first, but be lookin out for the next one.

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea cause we workin on 2 little projects and a project on me.

Down-South: Let's talk about those projects, whats next for Too Thick?

DJ Zirk: A new Too Thick album, its got Nashville Too Thick click on there and Memphis Too Thick click on there. We just spreading the love for Tennessee, its gonna be a whole Too Thick thang, its gonna have almost everybody on there from the beginning until now. It's gonna pretty fie.

Down-South: So you got some new members of Too Thick?

DJ Zirk: Yea

Down-South: From Nashville and Memphis?

Mr. Tinimaine: Yea, Universal Soldiers, you gonna be hearin alot about them B-Low.

DJ Zirk: You gotta check this girl out from Nashville, her name is Tigger. She's gonna be my first lady soloist. She is fie!

Mr. Tinimaine: She got a feature on my junt, check her out.
(At this point in the interview my recorder shut off cause it ran out of time, we talked for about another 45 minutes or so and later did some follow up questions that are throughout this interview at a later time) Be lookin out for the Too Thick Family in the future!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:20 

Ach die meisten sind wo anderes geboren oder aufgewachsen ... ein wunder das die nicht die ganzen Staaten Represanten :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:28 

lyricalbomber hat geschrieben:
Michi hat geschrieben:

auf dem album ist gar kein Female MC vertreten :notsure:

nenn mir mal zum Beispiel einen Part den du meinst, dann kann ich dir sofort sagen wer das ist :)

^^^^^^
@Michi

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:33 

wharscheinlich meint er yo lynch, is doch der mit der hohen stimme oder bomber?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:35 

carlito hat geschrieben:
wharscheinlich meint er yo lynch, is doch der mit der hohen stimme oder bomber?

yup ist er,hab ich mir auch schon gedacht

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:38 

Ich war mir auch nicht sicher ob es ne Frau ist ... aber Lynch seine Stimme ist anders glaub Ich (aber die CD ist ja älter) ... sag euch morgen bescheid ... müsste sonst das ganz Album durch hören um ihn / sie zufinden.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:41 

Die geilen Parts von YoLynch auf der On a mission waren der einzige Grund und der Preis von 3 $ hihi für den Kauf seines Solos :bonk:

@ Carlito "MAKE MY DAY"

@ den Thread wenn Memphis ein in 12 Lagen eingepacktes Geschenk ist... werkelt ihr immer noch an der schönen Schleife ^^ in die das Geschenk eingepackt ist :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:44 

Buddah Monk hat geschrieben:
@ Carlito "MAKE MY DAY"

alles klar maestro, ich such die gleich raus, ich schwoa :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 18:54 

Kommen BNOC auch aus Teenneessee?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.12.2004, 20:30 

Michi hat geschrieben:

Ja!

Glaube aus Nashville.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2004, 07:56 

Digga hat geschrieben:
Michi hat geschrieben:

Ja!

Glaube aus Nashville.

Dachte Ich auch immer weil die einen Track namens Tallahassee haben und das liegt doch in Florida.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2004, 11:45 

Michi hat geschrieben:
Digga hat geschrieben:
Michi hat geschrieben:

Ja!

Glaube aus Nashville.

Dachte Ich auch immer weil die einen Track namens Tallahassee haben und das liegt doch in Florida.

Dachte auch immer Nashville, aber auf Vendetta haben sie aucht Tracks wie 'TX To TN' und 'TN To TX'
Ist auf Vendetta eigentlich jemand gefeatured? :confused:

Auf welchem Album von Squeeky ist 'Surrounded By Haters'?

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 2548 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 170  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde